Chapter 38

The next morning Thayne watches, memorized, as I put my hair into two french braids.

"How do you do that?" He asks from behind me.

"It's really not that complicated." I laugh, looking up at him in the mirror.

"Are you sure? That looks really hard to do."

"It's not. It just takes practice." He just shakes his head with a smile and walks out. We both end up playing leads that day for the shows.

"Do you prefer to be on or off stage during Say No To This?" I ask Thayne as we sit around during the break between shows. He doesn't answer right away, thinking about his answer.

"I'm not sure. When I'm on stage I have to watch it happen, but I can focus on the dancing. When I'm off stage I don't have to watch, but there's not much to distract me," he explains. I nod and rest my head on his shoulder. I feel my phone buzz and look down at it, seeing a text from Lin.

Hey Cameron, Nessa
and I want to take a
short trip down to Long
Island without Seb or
Tobillo. Do you and
Thayne mind watching
them? If not don't worry
about it, no problem

"Hey, Lin wants us to watch Seb and Tobillo, can I say yes?" I check, looking up at Thayne.

"Sure, it's been awhile since we've seen Sebastian. I wonder if he still likes dinosaurs." He thinks out loud. I laugh out loud before responding to Lin.

We'd love to! When
                               were you thinking?
Thank you so much!
Probably next month,
maybe August
We're good whenever
                         you need us, just let us
                              know ahead of time
Of course, and thank
you again, we really
appreciate it

I put my phone down and looked up as James, who replaced Seth, walked in.

"When are we watching Seb?" Thayne asks.

"Lin said probably next month, maybe August." He nods and we get ready for the next show.

July 30th 2017

Thayne and I had had a small party for his birthday, just some close friends. We were getting ready to go to Lin's to watch Seb and Tobillo.

"How long did he say?" Thayne calls from our room.

"Uhh two days and three nights I think." I called back from where I was getting Atlas's food ready. He comes out with two bags and I look up.

"Ready?" I nod, throwing the rest of Atlas's stuff in a bag to bring with us. We grab our skateboards and start heading over to Lin and Nessa's. Thayne knocks and I hear Tobillo barking.

"Tobillo!" Lin says as he opens the door.

"Hey guys, come on in." I smile and let Atlas go first. He immediately greets Tobillo and they sniff at each other before doing the play bow and trying to run.

"Hold on." I laugh and unclip Atlas's leash before they run off. I turn and hug Lin after Thayne.

"Okay, you guys have watched him before right?" Lin checks as we walk further into his house. I nod and smile at Nessa who's organizing their bags.

"Perfect, we just went shopping so the fridge is full, he's gonna try to get you to let him eat chicken nuggets at every, and I mean every, meal. You guys have our numbers in case you need anything, any questions?" We shake our heads as Nessa walks in.

"Thank you guys again." She says, hugging me.

"Of course, you know we love him." They laugh and make their way to the door.