Chapter 23

Thayne and I walked home after the show that night, Jonathan had already left.

"That was fun." I say, remembering the show. It was my first time playing both Peggy and Maria in the same show.

"In the least creepy way possible, it was fun watching you." I smile at his words.

"So um are we gonna talk about the uh kiss?" He asks, glancing over at me.

"Let's just pretend it never happened. I don't want to make things awkward between us." I quickly replied.

"O-oh okay." Knowing he probably didn't want to forget it I don't look over at him. We walk in a slightly awkward silence until we get to my building.

"Well goodnight, Cameron. I'll text you tomorrow?"

"Alright. Night, Thayne." He hugs me and I smile awkwardly at him before I walk up to my apartment. I take Atlas out and do some training with him, just basic commands. By the time we get back it's after midnight. I hop in the shower and decide to just rinse off instead of an actual shower. Once I'm done I turn off the lights and lock the door. I climb into bed and Atlas jumps up next to me. I wake up at 9:45 to Atlas licking my face.

"Okay okay." I grumble. I gently push him off me and grab my phone, walking to the kitchen. I feed Atlas before getting some food for myself. I hear my phone buzzing so I walk back to where I had left it on the table. I see that Thayne is calling, so I pick it up and bring it with me to finish cooking my food.

"Hey Thayne, what's up?"

"Good morning to you too." He laughs and I smile, rolling my eyes. "Anyways, did you still want to hang out today?"

"Sure, what were you thinking?"

"The Museum of Modern Art maybe? Or the High Line? Just dumb touristy things." He laughs a little.

"Hmmm the High Line might be too cold. Oh what about the Met?"

"Sounds good, how does eleven thirty sound? We can get some lunch and look around before heading to the show tonight."

"Sure. See you there."

"Byeeee!" I laugh as he hangs up and go to get ready. I get there a few minutes early so I walk in, looking around the lobby. I see Thayne walk in, smiling. He sees me and, somehow, his smile gets bigger.

"Hey Cameron!"

"Hey Thayne." I smile slightly. "I was thinking we could go to the American Wing Café? It has like snacks and coffee. And yes it does have hot chocolate, I asked one of the workers."

"Sure. If you don't mind me asking," he starts as we walk to the café. "Why'd you choose this one? I mean there's so many, but why this one?"

"Do you not like it or something?" I laugh, adjusting my backpack.

"No, it's not that I don't, just why?" I shake my head, looking around.

"This was the first museum I ever came to when I first got to the city. My town doesn't have one, a museum that is, and I'd never really traveled outside of my town. I don't know why I chose this one, but I did. It has a special place in my heart." He nods. "What about you? Do you have a favorite museum?" I ask as we walk into the café.

"I really like the Morgan Library and Museum. It's always quiet and has this soft atmosphere. It's also gorgeous." I smile and nod, trying to remember what it looked like. He orders a hot chocolate and a small chicken sandwich. I decided to get a hot chocolate and a cesar salad.

"Ah joining me with the hot chocolate, huh?" He asks as we sit down. I just shake my head, laughing.

"Sure. You let yourself think that." After finishing our food we walk up to the top floor. We, quietly, mess around with each other, laughing and taking pictures of one another. We spent almost the whole day there, we would've stayed longer but we had a show.