Chapter 41

I'm running with Atlas a few days later when my phone starts ringing.

"Okay buddy," I say, slowing down and looking at my phone.

I see a London number and frown slightly.  I pick up, walking to the side of the path to let people pass without getting in their way.

"Hello?" I ask, gently tugging at Atlas's leash to get him out of the way.

"Hi there, is this Cameron Kapule?"

"This is she, who is this?"

"This is Walter from Chicago. We are very pleased to let you know that you got the role of Velma Kelly, if you want it."

"Oh my god, thank you. Can I call you back tomorrow with my answer?"

"Sure, if you have any questions feel free to email us and I'll get back as soon as I can."

"Thank you so much, I'll call you tomorrow."

"Bye," he hangs up and I look down at Atlas.

"I actually got it. That's insane!" I say to him, a little shocked. He just looks up at me and I stand, getting ready to keep running.

I get back to the apartment about ten minutes later. Opening the door, Atlas runs in first.

"Hey babe?" I call out, not seeing Thayne in the living room.

"Yeah?" I hear from the bedroom. I walk in and see him folding laundry.

"So I got a call while I was running."

"What about?" He keeps folding the laundry and I grab some clothes from the basket to help.

"Chicago."

"What did they say?" He pauses with the shirt he had and looks up.

"I got the role!" He practically jumps over the bed to hug me. I hug him back tightly and he sways from side to side.

"I'm so proud of you." He says, kissing the top of my head. "Did you take it?" He says after a minute of us hugging.

"I told them that I'd call them tomorrow to think about it." He nods and kisses me.

"I'm so happy for you." He says, pulling me back into a hug. I smile into his shoulder.

As I make lunch for Thayne and I, my phone rings. Seeing that it's Lin, I pick up.

"Hey what's up?"

"Did you find out yet?" He asks immediately.

"Possibly."

"Well?" Thayne looks up as I hold the phone away from my ear as Lin is practically shouting.

"It's Lin," I tell him and he nods. "I got the role."

"I knew it!! Did you take it??"

"Not yet, I told them I'll call tomorrow with my answer."

"Why didn't you take it?"

"I'm not sure if I want to move to London, or leave Hamilton yet." I say as Thayne tries to quietly grab some plates.

"That's understandable, but think about how cool it'll be."

"I mean yeah, but Thayne and I have to plan for the wedding," I pause looking over at Thayne. "That reminds me we need to talk about that." He nods as Lin starts talking again.

"You guys will figure it out. I think you should take it, though I will miss you."

"I'll miss you too," I laugh.