Chapter 32

The next morning Thayne and Daveed walk with Jonathan and I to the show, both of them having decided that it would be easier than going home.

As I walk down the hall after the first show I hear a weird noise coming from Lin's and Jonathan's dressing room. I knock and wait for a response.

"Yeah, you can come in." Jonathan says. I open the door and walk in, seeing them both on the couch, laughing.

"What was that noise?"

"Here." Lin says, patting beside him and turning his phone to the side. He clicks play as I sit next to him and we watch a video. I quickly understood why they were laughing so hard, as I could barely breathe after.

"Oh my god what was that noise? And how did she do that?" I ask, trying to catch my breath while still laughing.

"I have no idea." Jonathan says who's still laughing. I see people walk by the door, some of them giving us weird looks.

During Reynolds pamphlet I'm standing behind Lin when Jonathan walks by. He turns his head slightly and mimics the sound of the grandma from the video and both Lin and I have to turn because we can't control our giggles. I can barely hear it, but it sounds like Jonathan's mic was on.

After the song, during Burn, Thayne and Jazzy come over and stand by me.

"What was that?" Thayne asks.

"Remind me to show you the video later." I say, still laughing slightly. They give me weird looks but I see Groff and walk over to him, giving him a high five.

"That was amazing. I mean I'm sure Tommy will yell at you for it, but it was amazing." I say, still laughing. He imitates it again and we both burst out laughing. I have to leave soon after for It's Quiet Uptown.

While I'm on the top I see him in the wings and he pretends to flail like the lady and I have to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. I widen my eyes at him as I start singing, Sydney giving me a weird look from my left. I shake my head slightly, telling him to not ask. As we walk back down he pulls me aside.

"What was that?"

"Green room, after the show, I'll show you." He nods and quickly changes. I walk to the other side of the stage and sit in the green room with Jonathan.

"You are absolutely evil." I tell Jonathan who smiles innocently.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I roll my eyes, smiling.

After the show Jazzy, Thayne, Sydney, and a few others who happened to be in the green room all crowded around me to watch the video. As it finishes Tommy walks in.

"I was going to ask if any of you knew where Groff was by any chance but I'll just go." He says, seeing us all laughing too hard to talk.

"That sounds good." I say, laughing but not as hard as everyone else as I had already seen it a few times.

October 20th 2015

"Hey Thayne!" I say, getting his attention.

"Whats up?" He asks, turning to face me as Jon Rua walks off, saying goodbye.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow?" I ask, hoping he'd say yes.

"Sure. Anything you wanted to do in particular?" I shake my head, trying to think of something in specifics.

"Maybe we could just hang out at central park again?"

"Sounds good, I can come by at like 3?" He asks as we walk into the green room.