CHAPTER TEN

......YOUR POV......

As Will explained to Mike and Lucas what he had been trying to tell them I was still looking at the bruise on my side. It had darkned not long after we had got back inside.

I looked up when I felt the weight of the couch shift.

"I-Im so sorry." Will said, looking at the bruise guiltily.

"Its ok. You were upset." I gave him a small smile but he didn't return it. He continued to stare at the bruise on my side. I dropped my shirt back down and his eyes darted back up to meet mine.

"No, its not ok. I shouldn't have pushed you and I should've listened. Tearing down castle Byers was no way to deal with my emotions and neither was lashing out at you." I pulled him into a hug, or at least as much of a hug as I could pull him into without hurting my side.

"I forgive you Will." He smiled. I realized then that Mike and Lucas were still in the room. I looked over to see them staring at us but immediately looking always and pretending like they hadn't been listening.

I laughed as I let go of Will. He got up and went to walk out of the room. "Where are you going?" I questioned.

He stopped walking and turned around to face me. "Im going to get changed, we're all still soaking wet. Oh, and if you're staying over you might want to call your mom." I nodded at him and he turned back around to continue walking.

I went to stand but fell back in pain as soon as I did.

"Do you need some medicine or something?" Lucas asked, walking over to me.

"I don't know. But I'm not going to be able to walk if I don't have something." I said, keeping a tight grip on my side.

Mike walked out of the room as well but returned minutes later with a glass of water and two white pills.

"Mike, wha-" "Don't ask, just take them." He set down the glass and handed me the pills.

I shrugged and took the pills, a drink of water following.

Mike sat down beside me and sighed. I knew what he was about to say and I really didn't want to hear it but where was I gonna go? I couldn't walk. At least not for a little while.

"Look-" "You don't have to apologize Mike." I groaned, not caring to look over at him.

"I know your pissed at me. You have every right to be, but will you please just hear me out?" I turned my head to look at him. He was giving me a pleading look.

I rolled my eyes but complied, motioning for him to move one with my hand.

He smiled. "Im really sorry for what I said the other day. I've been an asshole to everyone lately and you and Will definitely should not have been of those people. You were just trying to take up for El and he just wanted to play D&D." He exhaled deeply before he continued "You have been my best friend for a long time. And so has Will. What I did was unacceptable. Please forgive me?"

I laughed at his apology. Not that it was funny, but he did the same thing when we were kids. Mike was always having mood swings and most of the time I got caught in the crossfire. So hearing him apologize like he did when we were ten was so wierd but funny at the same time.

"Yeah Mike, I forgive you." I looked at him again and gave him a wide smile. I love the whole group with every being of me. I couldn't stay mad at any of them for longer than a day, it just seemed impossible.

I pulled him into a hug as well. Feeling the pain in my side slowly start to die away.

"I guess the medicine worked. Thanks Mike." He smiled once more before getting up. At that moment Will walked back into the room.