CHAPTER ONE

It was a day like any other day, except the fact that it wasn't.

Today was the day I finally got to move back to Hawkins. Its been almost four years and Im really nervous to go back.

I haven't had contact with any of the boys since I left. And what if Will hates me? I mean I never really thought about it but the way I left may have been a little rude.

I didn't even say it to his face. I just left a dumb little note. And I told him I loved him in it, but he probably doesn't even remember...or just thinks I meant it in a friendly way. He most likely threw it away. I don't blame though. I would too.

I pack up my suitcase and pile it in the trunk. All of my furniture is in the moving van behind the car. I just hope none of it breaks because I built most of it myself and to me that was a big accomplishment.

I got into the passenger seat of the car beside my mom. While we were living here my father got into a bad accident and didn't make it out.

It's all I've been thinking about since it happened. And even though there's no reason to, I blame myself for it. My mother didn't take it well at all though. She turned to alcohol and drugs, but I wasnt surprised.

She yelled at me for the smallest things, and even started hitting me.

I never would've thought that a family, that was far from normal maybe average, but wasn't corrupt could turn so evil so fast.

It hurt me to see my mom like this.
Yes, she inflicted pain upon me and abused me but she was still my mom and she was still hurting.

Maybe one day she would realize what she's doing and quit. But I've been saying that for two years.

My mom pulled out of the driveway and down the road.

Hawkins here I come.

.....WILLS POV.....

I was biking to the mall with Lucas and Max. The Starcourt mall was new to Hawkins and sort of became our new hang out.

Of course I still went to Mikes house and sometimes the hill. But I can't really go to the hill without being reminded of her.

I was angry after she left and that spot makes me remember. And I don't want to remember. Its just a reminder that she's not coming home.

And I'm angry at her for ruining my favorite place. Or what at least was my favorite place.

We got to the mall and parked our bikes. We stood for a minute before Lucas groaned.

"Hes late."

"Hes always late." Max says, sighing in frustration.

"Just give him a minute longer. He's probably just with El or something." I say, trying to reason the situation.

"Of course thats what hes doing. Hes always hanging out with her, ever since she showed up. It's always been about El." He leaned against the wall, looking up at the sky.

I sighed. He was right. Mike hasn't been hanging out with us as much ever since El became his girlfriend. Hes always with her, swaping saliva.

"C'mon Lucas hes spending time with his girlfriend. If I wasn't allowed to leave my house I would want you to visit me a lot." "But not twenty four seven. Max, hes ALWAYS with her. We're his friends, if she can't come he should just ditch her."

I glanced at him. Is he serious? I always wondered why he never liked Eleven. I knew it was because she took the time he got to spend with Mike away but I didn't think it was that bad.