CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Enjoy the chapter!! :)
_________________________________________

《《 YOUR POV 》》

Nancy pulled up to the high school, sitting in the parking lot as she waited for me and Mike to get out.

I went to get out of the car, pushing the door open as I stepped out, when I got a glimpse of my shirt and suddenly I realized I never got my Hellfire shirt from Karen.

"Shit..." I mumbled to myself. It wouldn't have been too bad if I wasn't in the same shirt I had slept in and also if today wasn't the last and most important day of Eddie's campaign.

I looked around for a moment, hoping no one saw me before I could get a teacher and get to a phone to call Karen.

I noticed the school counsler Ms. Kelly standing in the lot, pointing kids in the direction of the gymnasium for the pep rally that was happening this morning.

I had assisted Max to Ms. Kelly's office a few times and I new she had a phone in her office.

"Ms. Kelly!" I shouted as I ran up to her, watching as she finished telling something to a very bored looking Max.

"Oh, hello, Y/N. Is there something I can help you with?" She asked me, still pointing a few kids to the gym.

"Uh, yeah. Can we go to your office, please? I need to make a quick and urgent phone call home." I told her, hoping I could get my shirt as quick as possible.

"Oh, of course. Is something wrong?" She questioned, giving me a concerned look.

"No, no! Nothings wrong. You know how I'm in the Hellfire club, right? Well we have a meeting and I need my shirt. My mom washed it this morning and I forgot to grab it before I left. So I need to call her and have her drop it off before she leaves for work." I explained, hoping it would be enough for her to agree.

"Well, yeah! Just come by to my office as soon as the rally starts and you can make a quick call." She agreed, giving me a smile before turning back to the crowd of students.

"Thank you so much Ms. Kelly." I thanked her before turning around and heading towards the gymnasium.

I knew I would have to leave and go to her office but I met with Max every morning and I didn't want her to think I was ditching her. So I wanted to let her know where I would be before I went.

I made my way through the large group of people, looking for Max as I knew she couldn't have gotten very far as she was just talking to Ms. Kelly before I was.

"Max!" I called out as I spotted her, but I quickly realized she wouldn't hear me because of her headphones.

I ran to catch up with her, grabbing her by the shoulder and causing her to turn around as she was just about to walk through the gym doors.

"..Hey, Y/N. What's up?" She asked as she pulled her headphones down.

"Nothing, just saw you so I thought I'd catch up with you." She nodded as she shut off her music, setting her headphones down around her neck.

"This whole pep rally thing is kinda dumb, isn't it?" She asked suddenly, looking around the packed gym as we walked through the doors.

"I mean, I guess so.." I agreed, not following her thoughts.

"I just mean like, who wants to come in here and see the cheerleaders pretending to be happy, and the basketball boys acting like they're royalty, and then all of us cheering for them like they're doing any good. I just don't get why people like this so much.." Max trailed off at the end, having halted her walking to fully turn around and talk.