Just a message about the hate

(!THIS IS FOR THE ONES UPSET ABOUT A FEMALE READER AND THE FACT THAT WILL IS NOT GAY IN MY STORY!)

_______________________________________

Hi...
You don't know me, at least not personally. I happen to be the author of this story (which I'm sure you've already gathered)

I started this story not long after season three came out, a spark of love for my new favorite character, Will Byers, of course, drawing me to jot down a thought in my notes one late night when I was unable to sleep. That thought led to the entirety of season three being written. I knew then that I had to get my work out there, I already had Wattpad, as I had been hooked on stories for months previous. I wrote and slowly published chapters for a while after, and soon enough I had finished the season.Reads flowed in much sooner than I expected, at a very fast rate. I remember the excitement at 1k, the all capitalized messages to my best friend, the smile on my face. 10k was even better, I had already started screenshoting every thousand reads I got and keeping them to look back on, being super happy and proud in my work, and even sharing it with some other friends. Then 20k happened, soon enough 50k, the amazement of 100k, and now we sit at 117k. Things have definitely changed in the matter of two years, one being that the best friend who was there when I started the story isn't exactly my best friend anymore at my current progress, also the numbers have slowed, not growing as rapidly as they did before, and even though I'm grateful for what I've got, there is something that's been bugging me all year. The comments. I vowed to never let it bother me, negativity. I promised myself that anyone's negative words on a work I know is good and I'm proud of, would ever get me down. But it's been bringing on such a horrible lack of motivation and I've tried to address it with anger and demand, but I know that's not the right approach so I always backtrack or delete what I've put. This is what I've got it down to. I know Will is a queercoded character. And sure, why does it matter so much if I'm going to admit it anyways? But here's the thing, I'm not trying to erase him, nor his sexuality. It's honestly laughable that that's even an accusation. You can't erase anyone's preference no matter what it is. It's their preference, I have no say in what Will Byers thinks, does, wants, he's fictional, which I believe many of you seem to forget. He's not real by any means, he was written, he's a character, a figure of writing from the Duffer Brothers in a show that has nothing to do with his sexuality. It might be referenced, or represented, but it's not the main focus anyway. And isn't he supposed to be our own interpretation, anyways? You can say or think what you want, of course, everyone's entitled to their own opinion but please don't get upset at me because he happens to be with a girl in my fanfiction. He isn't real, it would be so different if Will was a real person whose come out as gay, but he is not. And he hadn't even formally come out in the show yet. I've seen comments on other stories, getting upset even when the creator says they wrote him before anything was confirmed, and the commentor attacking them because Will was "queercoded from the beginning" it makes me want to shut all social media off and just walk into the ocean. What are you people even talking about? It's understandable you want to protect the Lgbtq+ community, I stand with them too, but why attack innocent people who write fictional stories about fictional characters who have made their own versions of a fictional figure? And then defend it with the fact that it's gay erasure. Another solution, besides just leaving people alone and not accusing them of false hatred, would be to just not read the female readers. Are you guys just not checking titles, descriptions, prologues, not looking for pronouns? Is it that hard? Or are you guys just clicking on them to spread hate, and attack a work someone probably spent a lot of time working on? It's all for meaness, I'm guessing, and even if you think you're helping the community, what good is attacking a fictional work for 'erasing' a real community? It's not necessary nor is it doing what you think it is. In a lot of ways it makes you look stupid, sorry to break it to you. No one honestly cares and even if they did, nothing will change. Female readers will always be wrote, and trust me there are so many more male and they/them ones so please just go read those ones before you hate on others stories. Sorry that my message is so long, I'm sure a lot of you didn't even read all of this and some of you probably went straight to the comments to spread even more hatred. Nonetheless I said what I said and I won't be deleting this. I'm not erasing anyone or their sexuality, Will Byers is fictional, and even if he's been queercoded its not harming anyone if the love interest is a female. Just move on, don't stop and hate because the y/n isn't the gender you want it to be. I'm tired of the comments, and I hope your tired of making them. If this doesn't stop it, I'm not sure anything will, and I guess I'll have to be okay with that. My story won't be changing just because you want it to, go read a different story if you're not a fan. And don't forget, it's all just fiction. It's fake.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk, have a good day, all of you. And newcomers, please enjoy the story. Rereaders, I'm glad you're here again. And others who only came to hate on the story, go get a life please :).

Have a nice dayyyy ❤️