CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Enjoy the chapter🤍

.....YOUR POV.....

I clicked on the TV as Eleven took a seat in front of it. I sat her blindfold beside her before walking into the kitchen area where Will and Lucas were looking through the fridge for drinks.

I had offered to help El out in the void or even do it for her but she declined. I knew she appreciated my offer but this must've been something she just wanted to do herself.

But I worried about her. She's been going at it like crazy trying to figure out all of this mind flayer stuff. It has to be taking a toll on her brain to constantly be using her powers like this. Though, if she didn't want or need my help I had no place to force my way in.

"You okay?" Will asked as he grabbed a soda and cracked open the can.

"Yeah. I just feel like she could really use some help right now. I get that she's really strong with her powers and can do it herself- I just think she might be over doing it a bit."

Will smiled. "You're starting to sound like Mike." I rolled my eyes and groaned. He laughed.

"Im just kidding. It's really sweet of you to worry about her and want to help. But Eleven has been using her powers for a long time. She can do this. Trust her." "I do, I do. She's just been doing it and doing it and I feel she might be making herself weak. Maybe it's just me worrying too much, I just don't want her to get hurt. She's my friend."

I leaned on the counter and crossed my arms. I blew out a sigh. Will stepped forward, setting his soda down on the surface beside me before leaning in close to me. He tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "She'll be just fine. Don't stress about it." He said softly.

I tried my hardest to resist the urge to look at his lips. Lucas was still deciding on his choice of drink, but there was still someone around. I didn't know how Will felt about me exactly but If we would've been alone I could've easily kissed him.

He pulled back and held out his hand. "Come on." I took his hand and he led me back to the others, Lucas right behind us with a can of soda as well.

Mike was moving back to sit down, he must've been talking to El. Or more like talking her out of it. At least trying. Will sat on the couch beside Max and I sat beside him, with very little space Lucas squeezed in beside Max as everyone else found a seat as well.

Eleven pulled the blindfold up to her eyes and tied it around her head, the static still noticeable as background noise from the television in front of her.

That familiar drop of blood came down her nose as she settled into her mind. We all sat watching her, waiting for any words of what she sees or any reaction to something.

After a minute or two her breathing got really fast. She sounded like she was gasping for air and then small whimpers came out of her mouth.

She started to freak out, crying and moving around as if there was something she was trying to get away from.

"Somethings wrong." Mike stated. I wanted to look at him and say no shit but restrained and turned my attention back to El.

After a moment of hopeless panic she finally started to calm. Her crys of fear slowly turned Into one's of confusion and then they stopped.

"El, are you okay?" He asked. "El, are you okay?" He asked, harder the second time.

She didn't respond for a second. "El?" I asked. Will grabbed my hand and I instantly became ten times less tense.