CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Heyyyyy!
Thanks for being patient!
Also thank you all so so much for 40k, that means the world to me!💕
I love you all!
Now, enjoy the chapterrrr
_________________________________________

《《 YOUR POV》》

"No."

Mike rolled his eyes and Dustin let out a heavy sigh, I only stood behind them, my arms crossed as I had refused to go along with their plan of asking Erica to be Lucas's fill in.

"C'mon, Erica! We need you!" Dustin exclaimed, desprate to get Erica to agree.

"I said no. It isn't my fault my idiot brother decided to ditch your lame ass club to play a basketball game." She sassed, holding her books as she walked out of the school and towards the bike rack.

"Look, Erica, you're one of the best D&D players I've ever seen. You've leveled up your character faster than I did, than Mike did, than Lucas did! You're a legend, and we need you!" Dustin begged, holding Erica's bike as she tried to pull it from the rack.

"First of all, get your nasty ass hands off my bike." Erica said to Dustin, causing him to quickly retract his hand.

"And secondly, isn't there some other nerds your age who you could ask?" She asked him, pulling her bike out.

"Well, yes, but we want you!" He told her, stepping in front of her bike as she mounted it.

"Even if I did want to play with your silly little Firefly club-"
"Hellfire." Mike corrected.

"Whatever. Even if I wanted to play with your Hellfire club, what am I gonna get out of it?" She questioned him, getting no response.

"Uhh..." Dustin stalled his words, unable to find a proper answer.

"You'll get to...be in our presence...?" He told her in a questioning voice.

I watched her get on her bike as she shook her head at him, putting her pink unicorn helmet on and connecting the straps underneath her chin after setting her books in her basket.

She was about to say something, which I was sure was gonna be another refusal, but I spoke up before she could.

"We'll give you fifty bucks."

"Where the hell this club at?"

After running to Erica's house to get her things, as well as a somehow necessary large American flag that she wore like a cape, we finally made it back to school.

We walked down the halls, listening in on the faint sound of the band playing the national anthem and what sounded like a Muppet, singing it.

We arrived at our club room, it being an empty classroom as one of the teachers was nice enough to offer Eddie the room for our meetings, on the terms of as long as he doesn't leave a mess.

I pushed the door open and we all filed in, gathering around the table that was all set up with our D&D board and pieces.

Eddie sat in his chair at the end of the table, attentive to the younger girl as we all walked into the room, Mike shutting the door behind us.

He stared for a moment, his eyes on Erica for a second before they started to flicker to me, Mike and Dustin.

The other members also stared at her, their eyebrows raised in confusion.

"You got a staring problem?" Erica asked him, clutching her D&D binder.

"I just...I don't understand why there's a child in my club room when I specifically asked for a replacement." He said, his hands going outwards as he spoke to us.