CHAPTER TWO

.......WILLS POV......

We were at Dustin's getting ready to surprise him when he arrived home. He had been gone, away at camp for a month during summer.

We had decided to Ignore him all day just to add to the suspense of the surprise. El was going to control his robots to move and hope that Dustin would follow and then when he's distracted we were going to go behind him and surprised him.

Although, its probably only going to scare him.

I walked up onto his porch when a car went zooming down the road. I couldn't really make out who was in the car but with the window rolled down I saw a girl. It looked like her. But it couldn't be her. Shes not coming home. She's gone. Even though she promised to come back she most likely won't. And that hurts. Because we used to never break promises. Ever. Its almost like she's broken a law. Which just makes me angrier. Though seeing someone who even looks like her gives me the slightest ounce of hope.

I can't help but stare as the car drives out of sight. Im drawn out of my daze by Max and Lucas arguing.

"You really think this is going to work? What if he like, punches one of us or something?"

"He won't. Nothings gonna happen. It was my idea so it'll go smoothly." I roll my eyes at the conversation as they make their way inside. El was the one doing everything. And it wasn't even his idea.

As I walk inside I hear the super-comm go off again. "I repeat THIS IS GOLD LEADER RETURNING TO BASE DOES ANYONE COPY? over." I laugh slightly as I slide the antenna down.

I look out the window to see Dustin's moms car pulling into the driveway. Everyone ushered eachother behind the wall as we hear the door open and then slam. An angry Dustin makes his way to his room. He plops down with a sigh.

"At least someone's happy Im home." He says to yurtle, his pet turtle. Eleven closes her eyes and start to move the robots out of Dustin's room. Dustin follows hesitantly, grabbing his hairspray as defense.

When the robots get about halfway through his living room Mike looks over to El. "Now" he says, and Els eyes open. The robots stop and Dustin leans down to inspect them.

We all gather behind him. Lucas is holding a sighn and everyone else has a party blower. Max holds her fingers up as to count down. 3....2...1...

Everyone blows their party blowers and Dustin turns around abruptly, startled. He screams out as he sprays the hairspray in Lucas's eyes.

-SMALL TIME SKIP-

As Lucas was rinsing the hairspray out of his eyes, Dustin was showing Me, Mike and El his inventions from camp.

"And I call this the forever clock"

Dustin says as he rotates the turbines on his invention. "Very useful in the apocalypse."

I hold the 'Forever clock' as he holds a finger up, indicating to give him a minute. He walks to his bag and pulls out something else.

"I give you, The Slammer!"

He says as he holds a Hammer that shakes when he turns it on. Eleven pulls back a bit as Dustin's puts it closer to her, clinging to Mikes arm.

Mike stares at Dustin and his inventions with a bored expression as he shows them to us.

Dustin laughs. "Pretty neat, huh?" He asks, getting no answer in response.

"But this, this is my masterpiece." Dustin says as he holds up a large bag for us all to see.

He kneels down to unzip it and we all crouch around to see whats in it. Dustin unzips the bag to reveal a mess of wires and pieces.

"I would like you to meet, Cerebro."

We stare at him for a moment before Mike speaks.

"What exactly are we looking at here?"

.....YOUR POV.....

My mom drives down the road, going way faster than she should've. We had just gotten back from the store. Our house was empty of food so we made a very long trip to get as many groceries as we could.

As we're driving down the road we pass Dustin's house. I was planning to tell them I was back but I got distracted with unpacking.

And I wasn't even sure if they lived in the same place. I have been gone for almost four years so it would be kind of like a guessing game.

My eyes widened at the sight of a familiar bowl cut. Guess that answers my question of whether they still live here or not.

He was standing on Dustin's porch. He looked taller. His features were less boyish and more defined. But he seemed different. He looked confused and maybe unsure as he stared right back at me.

But I was in a car. It would be hard to tell from here.

As we arrived back at the house I got out and ran inside.

I need to get over to them as soon as possible.

I wasn't going to be able to hide my homecoming forever. And I didn't want to. These were my best friends, I wanted to see them.

I headed outside after I changed into something a bit cooler. (Like a t-shirt and shorts or something)

I thought about heading straight to Dustin's. But I didn't want to disrupt whatever Dustin and Will were doing so maybe I would go to Mikes.

Maybe everyone was at home, or maybe they were doing something for Dustin. It didn't hurt to try Mikes house though.

When I got there I parked my bike and dis mounted it. I walked up to the door and ringed the doorbell.

After a few minutes it finally opened to reveal Ted, mikes dad. He smiled a bit when he saw me.

"Well well well, if it isn't miss Y/n. Its been years since I've seen you. What brings you here?" I smiled up at him. Him and Karen were like second parents to me. Now that I think about it, all of the partys parents were like parents to me also. They all just kind of took a liking to me.

"Its good to see you too, Mr Wheeler. Im actually here to see Mike. Is he around?" His smile dropped and he shrugged.

I gave him a confused look. "Him and Nancy have been leaving the house since they were little. They don't even practically live here any more. More like visits when they do come. Mike is at Dustin's house, he went to camp and is coming home or something like that." He said boredly.

I gave him another smile and turned to leave. "It was nice seeing you Y/n" he said. I waved at him "Nice seeing you too Mr Wheeler."

I got back on my bike and headed home. I contemplating going to Dustin's and decided I would.

I made my way there. When I made it I looked up at the house. It looked as if it had gotten some work done to it since I left.

I went up to the door. I brought my hand up ready to knock, that was until the door suddenly opened......