CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

Hey! So sorry for the wait!!
I know you guys are patient and you probably don't mind, but still, I should be getting these out sooner so forgive my slow pace. Love you all!
Enjoy the chapter ❤️‍🔥

《《 YOUR POV 》》

After waiting for what felt like forever, the two men finally came to get me again, grabbing me by my arms and dragging me out of the room.

"Where are we going now?" I asked the two of them, annoyed about the discretion.

"To finish your processing." The one to my left answered, still leaving me answerless.

"That doesn't tell me anything! What the hell does that even mean?" I asked the two again, becoming even more bothered. "It means we're getting you ready to be sent off." The one with the mustache told me, leaving a pit in my stomach at the words.

"S-sent off? To whe-?" I didn't get to finish my sentence as they pushed open the door to the room they were bringing me too, turning me around for a moment, facing the walls that had heights marked up it.

I heard the sound of keys jingling and I felt the cold metal brush my hands as they unlocked the cuffs from my wrist, momentarily freeing me.

I turned back around to face them, rubbing my wrist that were red and bruised from the cuffs.

They handed me a sign, shoving it into my hands before pushing me back to the wall that faced a large camera in front of me.

A man walked up to the camera, adjusting it slightly before focusing on my position.
"Look straight at the camera, hold up the sign." The man directed, and I did as told, confused before the camera clicked and the bright purple light flashed into my eyes, bliding me for a second.

"Turn to the right."

"Turn to the left."

Finally the buzzing, clicking, bright lights, and demands quit, and the two officers came back in the room to grab me once again.

When they pulled the sign from my hands I finally realized that the name on it wasn't Y/N L/N, but instead Y/N Wheeler and it confused me as I wasn't legally a Wheeler yet.

Karen had only taken me in, only technically adopting me as she gave me a place to live and a motherly figure.
She was still yet to gain the rights to me, so why was my last name Wheeler?

I shook off the thought, finding it unimportant as I had bigger issues, feeling the cold metal being placed back onto in my hands as the men held me in place.

"Where am I going? Where are you sending me? Where's El?" I questioned them, annoyed at their actions, and not even noticing that I had said El again instead.

"Calm down, kid, Jane is fine. We're sending you both to the detention hall. You'll be fine there until we find something better for you." One of them told me, and I debated making an attempt to escape.

"Detention hall?! What the hell? You can't do that! I don't even live here!" I shouted, still trying to keep some cool.

"We are going to notify your parents back in Indiana as soon as we can, but there's nothing they can do right now." They told me, and it took everything I had not to fight my way out of their hold.