LEVEL 13: Paused

Jungkook's P.O.V

////

////

-MONDAY MORNING-

"Oh my- you should do that!" Hoseok yelled at me from afar. After streaming for the day, I decided to make a trip over to his house since apparently, I owed him a drink. I sat on the couch; my eyes focused on the television screen but my mind lofted off into space.

A reoccurring thought embraced my concentration.

Yesterday was Jimin's last off day before he headed off to work this morning. But I could tell something about him was off. The moment he came from taking that sudden--interrupting-- phone call, he lost his appetite; he looked at the plate of toast like it was a handful of slugs.

I tapped my foot, finding my way back into Hobi and I's conversation.

"He'd punch me in the face," I answered. As expected, Hoseok knew nothing of Jimin. And since he was so talebearing, I didn't want to tell him just yet.

"Are you saying the cotton candy haired twenty-four-year-old you simp over, intimidates you?" I heard the clink of glass on the counter sound from the kitchen, I immediately stood up from the couch and turned around to face Hoseok who held a jug of apple juice in his hand.

"Apple juice?" I folded my arms in front of my chest.

"You're acting like a fucking dork--"

"Because I am, Jung Hoseok." He shook his head and poured the yellow tinted liquid into the short glass.

"You wanna take him on a real date you say?"

I licked my lips, preparing to hear him out on his wacky ideas.

"I say you take him somewhere fun... Maybe skating? Paintballing? Bowling..." He paused for a few seconds, staring at the ceiling, trying to come up with a plethora of options. But as soon as he mentioned the word fun, my brain jumped to the obvious option.

Games.

"Arcade!" Hoseok jerked his head back and blinked.

"Lightbulb moment?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah, defiantly," I picked up the glass before me, taking a small sip, "it's a bit risky, but with all the progress he's had... I think I could go for it."