LEVEL 9: Battle

Jimin's P.O.V

////

////

-FRIDAY MORNING-

It was foggy in the morning due to the late-night showers that flooded the streets last night, the sky was less pigmented, the muted shade of gray stretched far across the sky. I was only just now noticing this in full detail since I was beginning to space out again. I was in my car at a red light, traffic was moving at a snail-like pace; it was stodgy and stuffy, a hideous pairing.

There were several issues and dilemmas gallivanted in my head. They were a complete nuisance to think about. I didn't appreciate being reminded that I am going to be returning to work after never even missing a day, and always being on standby since I was never busy at home with anything other than cleaning.

Not to mention, I am going to be arriving where my workmates are probably worried about me. And was going to be sitting next to my boss whom I rejected not long ago.

I will say this one time, and one time only.
"Thank god it's four."

I jumped back into reality momentarily to press my foot lightly on the gas. And before I knew it, I was slipping again. I guess this was my brains' way of protecting me from myself. Just as I was cruising down the street on the well-known roads to the coffee shop, I was beginning to reminisce. I didn't go too far into memories; the thought was just around the corner.

A letter.

Jungkook's letter to me.

His written words were just enough to pull me through to him.

It's been one the only things in years that's made my heart do things I've never experienced.

My mind pondered, and delved into it out of memory, I recited the short message internally.

_______

-JUNGKOOK'S NOTE-

"Uh... Hi! I know this is kinda unusual
(I mean, who even finds letters next to their cute bunny slippers, right?)

But right now, you're sleeping while I'm writing this.
I came to check up on you.
I heard you coughing.
You were sweating a lot when you slept.

I don't have a clue
what you were dreaming about.

When you wake up...
I hope you tell me.

I know you haven't eaten,
so, I might order some pizza.

(I guess Italian food can be our thing???)