LEVEL 15: Reset

Jimin's P.O.V

////

////

-TUESDAY EVENING-

"My son... Welcome home." My eomma whispered as she stood in the front door.

With going through not seeing her in approximately a year, her face seemed different than the last. Her eyes were slit into crescent shapes; the same as mine would. I felt like I was losing contact with my surroundings gradually as the silent, quaint moments past. All it took was Jungkook speaking to wake me up.

And it was the first time I felt relief.

Jungkook was still standing here with me.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Park." The younger man bowed politely. I'm surprised he didn't try to call her queen or something equally as flippant.

"So formal... Jimin? Is this your lover?" My eomma questioned sweetly, nodding her head at our joined hands. Of course, she would think that. Get it together, this is your time to make things clear.

"I..." I stammer greatly, letting go of Jungkook's hand and sliding back on my glove. I could see Jungkook glance at me from my peripheral vision. For the time being, I decided to ignore it, making sure I had enough focus to engage in the current situation. The small voice that had been suppressed for so long had mentally verbalized; encouraging me to make some sort of decision... Anything that would move me forward.

"This is Jungkook... My roommate." My eomma's face lit up with excitement as if someone had offered her a lifetime supply of funds and handmade quilts.

"Oh, well that's certainly amazing, Jimin," her twinkling, enamored eyes relocated onto Jungkook once more, "I don't know how long you've known my son for, but thank you. You must be a very kind man. Would you like to come inside?" I sighed; I should've known that she'd react this way. Although, it wasn't with malicious intent, she had a knack for ignoring things; even the blatantly obvious.

Before I could shuttle out an answer, Jungkook had spoken up from his side.

"I don't-- think I should? I think this is Jimin's thing. So, I'm sorry."

"He will wait in the car... Right?" I turned to Jungkook who exhaled dramatically.

"I guess you're right..." Jungkook stuck his hands in his pockets, glancing over to me; he shot me a quick wink along with his radiant smile on display, "... I'll be out here, don't forget about me." When he looked back to my eomma he waved and backed away from us; I had to fight the urge not to look backward.

"Jimin... My son," my eomma tilted her head at me, "it's chilly... You should come inside."

With Jungkook removed from my side, the late September breeze grazing my face- it had been colder. My eomma stood back, holding the door open for me to enter. I felt my throat tighten up as I eased over onto the small number of steps in front of the doors. My heart was pounding, it was in my chest, my lungs, my entire body was throbbing. My left eye twitched as I walked up the steps; in an instant, I peered inside.