LEVEL 6: Fight

Jimin's P.O.V

////

////

-THURSDAY MORNING-

I am wide awake at the normal time I get ready for work. But today as soon as I woke up, I had a strange uneasy feeling about future events. My stomach was churning with the pending bad moments that awaited beyond my room door. I am usually not the one to believe in good or bad luck, to me, it's just an excuse. It's just countless unfortunate or favorable events rolled into one activity or time frame. We, humans, blame this phenomenon for many things, it makes us feel better about ourselves or gives us hope.
I don't think-- at any point in my life-- I've experienced luck.

But right about now...

I felt like it would be a good time.

I sat that strange residing feeling in the pit of my stomach to side and detached myself from the comfort of my own bed.

I took the time to start my morning as if nothing would get in my way. I brushed my teeth, washed my face twice, and finally got in the shower. I put on my all-black suit; superbly, it fit my mood for the day. As I was in the middle of parting and straightening my hair, when the sound of a familiar, alluring yet bothersome warble resonated from the wooden platform of my nightstand. The pinkish hairs on my neck stood tall.

Why is she calling me?

I almost unhanded my flat irons as I bustled around the corner to retrieve my device. I ogled the screen, stupefied, my eomma's aged face just placarded across my screen along with her number. My fingers stalled and so did my whole being. I haven't seen my eomma in almost a year now as I haven't been in the mood to interact or entertain others like some sort of court jester. I shouldn't feel this way about my family, as many people don't even have one. It saddens her, each time she call I've been busy with work or cleaning. I don't pick up the phone; it breaks me. Knowing that each time I decline, she frowns, heartbroken about her own son.

I have to make a choice.

The phone rings.

I stare.

'Everyone's a misfit'

I closed my eyes, momentarily.

My thumb hovered over the bright green button of acceptance, shakily, my thumb cratered down onto the button. I clamped my lips shut as I heard the feminine voice verbalizing from the other end of the line. She said hello a few times, my left eye twitched at the repetition.

________

-PHONE CALL-