LEVEL 1: Installation

Jimin's P.O.V

////

////

-THURSDAY MORNING-

I have an alarm.

That alarm goes off at approximately 8:10 AM every morning and practically sounds for two seconds before I actually hear it-- I'm a very light sleeper due to my messy work schedule and my internal clock has grown accustomed to that. It is a sonorous tune that rings with different assortments of stringed instruments in perfect harmony. I could listen to it repeatedly all day, but I haven't got any time to buzz my ears with music when I have emails to read, texts to reply to, and coffee to retrieve. Not mine, because I wouldn't dare let a stranger with unknown whereabouts hand me something to drink. It's laughable.

I shut off my alarm's tune and swiped my phone from the nightstand beside my mattress. Its bright screen sent a sharp pain directly into my retinas, nearly blinding me. I winced slightly and patted around to the right of me in search of my glasses. With the thick lens correcting my vision and my eyelids slowly creaking open, I scanned my bedroom as I do routinely for anything misplaced or untended.

Although I live alone, and objects mysteriously being out of place is only heard of in movies and fictional tales; I live in an apartment where any exterior movement could shift just about anything. And I really do mean anything.

My bright yellow wooden bookshelf that's stationed in front of my bed caught my attention. I noticed that one of my favorite limited-edition Pandora Hearts manga collection hardbacks were slightly slanted more to the right than I had approved of. So, evidently, I created a mental note to straighten them when I finish showering.

My phone vibrated erratically in my palm, flooding my lock screen with messages from my two closest colleagues. I was forced into a 'business group chat' about a year and a half ago. And it is still continuously interrupting almost every unbusy part of my life-- like right now.

But... In some ways, I still love it.

________

-GROUP MESSAGE-

JM= Park Jimin

KT= Kim Taehyung

YG= Min Yoongi

KT: Hey guys, did you all get that email?

KT: There is an urgent professional staff meeting planned for tomorrow.

YG: We all know that, Taehyung. I'm in the same department as you.

YG: I receive the same emails.

YG: At the same time.