LEVEL 16: Repair

Jungkook's P.O.V

////

////

-TUESDAY NIGHT-

There's always an opportunity.

There's always a break in the code that each person has. That flaw, although it varies between its form and can alter one's life differently, it's the same. Jimin and I might be complete opposites to some-even to him. But when I look at Jimin, it scares me just as much as it makes me happy. With all that bubblegum pink hair, those small accidental smiles, and the hunger for normality.

It scares me.

Because with all those things... It felt like he was meant for me to run into.

With every waking day I wonder how I can give my all to Jimin because he doesn't need anyone else to ruin him. I think about how I can get one step closer to fixing my faulty code.

I ask myself if Jimin is the answer.

Sitting in the car, driving from his eomma's place, hearing how everything was okay. It made me feel like I had done something worth a thousand miracles. My eyesight piercing through the windshield that was covered in the headlights of other cars, I waited on the moment that came like I had expected.

I waited on the moment to begin repairing things that were broken, and creating more memories that felt like miracles.

"You know, having your shirt off like that must be very uncomfortable." If I could do some badass NASCAR maneuver to pull this car over and kiss him on the forehead like he deserves, I would in less than a heartbeat-or whatever is faster than a normal heartbeat that doesn't sound too cheesy.

"Nah, it's cool. The breeze is fantastic. Gets me goin'... How 'bout you?" Jimin sighed beside me for the twelfth time.

"Well, I would like to know where we're going... It's getting darker by the moment and I still have work tomorrow," He fiddled with his seatbelt to look toward me a bit, "Honest, if you're feeling some type of difficulty with telling me about your mother. Don't feel forced. It's reasonable considering-me."

I eased my foot from the gas as I turned an upcoming curve- we were close.

I scoffed. "You say that like it was your fault."

"It was my choice to not tell you anything." He admitted, his voice stiff.

"Do you regret it?" I asked, hoping for anything other than silence to resonate.

"My eomma kept saying how you were such a good man, even before fully meeting you. She said she could tell anyways, just because you were there with me for those few seconds." Jimin explained, seeming confused as he repeated his eomma's kind words to me. As if he needed some type of proof.