LEVEL 4: Rules

Jimin's P.O.V

////

////

-MONDAY AFTERNOON-

The same feeling I have about cleaning, akin to the feeling I had about work. The two tasks are both tiring, and things I have to do in order to maintain my apartment's wellbeing-- whatever that may be at the moment-- but there's one thing they don't have in common.

The real difference was actually the person I tend to five days a week, Mr. Wang.

He's a thirty-two-year-old man who doesn't seem to know what three feet looks like enough to eyeball it. So, I am sitting at a desk, in my workspace far away from, and somehow... Just somehow, he's to keep pulling me closer.

I sifted through the emails that flooded my inbox this morning, some of which were offers for future collaborations; however, Mr. Wang's top priority wasn't an offer, so I scrolled to the top of the list and came across what I would deem to be significant.

"Yui has given a response." The older man spun around in his chair and got up to walk over to my desk. I shifted backward in my seat as he peered at my laptop screen, I could feel his breath brushing over the back of my neck, it sent revolting shivers down my spine. I clicked on the email and read it aloud for him to take it in.

"They plan to meet with you here tomorrow morning at about ten." I waited for my superior's response, however, there was only silence before then.

"Jimin," I forced myself to look at him, "something's different about you... What is it?" I struggled to keep my gaze on the man.

Lopsided, he smiled. "Ah, your eyes... They're beautiful." I blinked a few times in disbelief.

This man is actually ludicrous. I can barely see as of right now, and he's complimenting as if my lack of eyesight is attractive in some way.

Things like that are hard for me to answer, it's a mind-boggling thing to be around someone who has ordered me around for two years and still doesn't get a very clear sense of social consciousness.

"Do you... Want me to respond to this as of today, sir? His breath staggered as if he wasn't expecting me to reply.

"Ah-yes, that would be phenomenal. After this, you can-- go take lunch." I never heard this man stutter or even give a hint of doubt in anything he's ever said. This is one of the thousands of things I thought was wrong with him; in my opinion, it's not normal.

I hit the reply button on the email and typed away in the subject box. I had the urge to ask Mr. Wang to back up a little bit more, my hand was itching to grab my laptop and move to the other side of the room. I concentrated on my answer to the company, halting myself from passing out right about now.