29

“Mira, we need to go!”

Sigaw ni Ate habang nagpapatuyo ako ng buhok. Today is the day of the meeting with the Viscarra. Last night, I had a discussion with my Dad about the partnership.

He told me that I should stay calm and act professional. He told me that this partnership would be a great help for us, but would this be a great help to those people who are in need? That is why I decided to make a proposal, I hope Dad will include it at his presentation.

I immediately went downstairs and saw my sister waiting for me at the front door.

“Sorry, I’m late,” I said, smiling at my sister.

“Kailan ka ba hindi naging late? Late ka na nga lagi nung nag-aaral ka pati ba naman sa trabaho dinala mo yan.” Sabi ni Ate sabay tawa.

“Happy ka na niyan?”

“Medyo,”

We both laughed as we went in my car, I started the engine and drove to the hospital.

“Is that a Honda Civic Type R?” I said as I park my car beside it. Dahan dahan kong minaneho ang kotse ko dahil ayokong magasgasan ito.

“Well, what do you expect from a Viscarra?” Ani ni Ate habang naglalagay ng lipstick sa kanyang labi.

The door opened and we were greeted by the guards and staffs there. We went inside the elevator; I pressed that 8th floor and the elevator started moving. The door opened showing that we were finally here at our designated floor. As we went out, we heard a lot of gossiping.

“Ang gwapo nung CEO ng VGC!”

“Oo nga ‘e, siya yung nakatabi ko kanina sa elevator. Ang bango bango niya!”

One of the nurses said as we were approaching their station. Nang mapansin nila na papalapit na kami ay agad silang umayos ng upo at agad na binati kami.

“Good Morning!” Sabay na sinabi nila.

Me and Ate Lyn smiled at them and immediately went to my Dad’s office. I took a deep breath before opening the door. As soon as the door opened, I was greeted by Mr. Viscarra.

“Good Afternoon, Mira.” He said in a deep voice that can calm you anytime, “My name is Jayden Viscarra, the CEO of VGC. You can call me Jayce or any name that you’re comfortable calling me.”

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Mr. Viscarra.” I said, offered my hand and we both shake hands.

We all went to our rightful seats and the meeting was about to start when a woman came in the room which made me startled.

“Mrs. Vanessa, I thought you wouldn’t be here.” My dad said as the woman enter while wearing a black fitted Chanel dress and holding her Hermes bag.

“It was a sudden change of plan. I was informed that one of the Andrada is somehow close to someone with a surname ‘Francisco’.” She explained, “Is that right, Dra. Ameera?”

She looked at me with wrath in her eyes which made me panic. Inaalala ko kung sino yung malapit na Francisco sa’kin pero sa sobrang kaba ay na mental block ako.

“Mom, not here please,”

Jayce, I mean Mr. Viscarra said as he stood up from his seat while looking at his mom seriously. Kakaiba ang tensyon na nararamdaman ko habang nagtitigan ang mag-ina.