28

"Selene?"

He said as our eyes met, making me stunned. The way he said my name felt like his lips were longing for it. I felt a spark as I looked deep into his hazel brown eyes that was being complimented by the sunrise.

He was beautiful.

"Yes, Mr. Salazar?"

I said, acting like nothing super awkward moment happened.

"I-I'm sorry for calling you that," he said "You just reminded me of someone dear to me."

He looked down and I walked towards him to check his dextrose. After doing that I took a seat on the side of his bed.

"Could you please lift up your shirt."

His eyes widened when I said that. I was just looking at him, waiting for him to lift his shirt up because I do not want myself to do that because that would be inappropriate.

Unless if it's needed or if he asked me to.

"W-What do you want me to do?"

He said, stuttering. I was trying to hold my laughter because I know what he was thinking.

Wag kang tatawa, Mira. Be a professional for goodness sake!

"I said, could you please lift your shirt up so that I can check your wound." I said, smiling.

"Oh... okay,"

He lifts his shirt up and his sparkling abs immediately caught my attention. Napatingin ako sakanya at nakita ko na iniiwasan niya ang mga mata ko.

Sinuri ko ang tahi na nasa tagiliran niya at napansin na hindi pa ito gaanong tuyo.

"Mr. Salazar, please refrain from moving too much kasi hindi pa gaanong tuyo yung tahi mo and may tendency na bumuka ito kung galaw ka ng galaw." I said, as I grabbed his hand to put his shirt down.

"You will be fine soon."

I gave him a reassuring smile. I was about to go out of his room when he suddenly spoke.

"Thank you, Selene— I mean, Dra. Andrada."

I smiled when he said that, "You can call me by my second name, it's fine."

"Uhm... Okay, thank you," he said and I left his room.

Napasandal ako sa pader at pinakiramdaman ang mabilis na pagtibok ng puso ko. Hindi ko alam pero parang kinakabahan ako. I tried to calm myself but then Rain saw me.

"Oh, anong nangyari sayo? Bat ka nanginginig?" Tanong niya.

"Epekto lang siguro ng kape. Tara na." Hinawakan ko ang kamay niya at agad kaming naglakas papalayo sa kwarto na iyon.

"Hey, have you heard about the deal?"

"Yes, I know that."

I said habang naglalakad kami patungo sa opisina ko. I opened the door and saw Adrian seating at my couch.

"Hey Adrian," I said and ran towards him to give him a hug.

"Hey, are you okay? I can feel your heart beating so fast." He asked.