21

"Mira, I need your research paper tomorrow okay?"

One of my group mate said as she left the library, I just nodded and continued working on my research paper. The last week of March has been hell to everyone of us. Me and my friends never get to hang out and I can't even have a long conversation with Blaze since everyone is busy.

"Hey Mira," I looked at Adrian "Wanna grab some coffee later?"

"Sure! You know me so well," I gave him a warm smile and we both continue what we were doing.

It's already 6pm and I'm finally done, I stretched my arms and I started to feel dizzy. Maybe my astigmatism is acting up, good thing I brought my glasses.

"Let's go, Mira?" Adrian asked. I nodded and started to fix my things. I was about to stand up when my phone vibrated.

From: Blaze

Hey babe, I miss you and I wanted to see you. Let's meet at Café Aquatica?

I smiled at his text and replied to him. It's been a while since we saw each other, of course I said yes. But then I remembered, I was supposed to have coffee with Adrian right now.

"Adrian, I can't come with you right now. Blaze just texted me and asked me to see him right now. Maybe next time?"

"It's okay, Mira. Let's go next time," He smiled and I hugged him.

"I swear, babawi ako sayo." I said and bid goodbye.

Habang naglakad ako palabas ng campus, tumingin ako sa langit at nakakita ng kidlat. Looks like it's going to rain tonight, good thing I brought my umbrella. Nagsisisi na rin ako na hindi ko dinala yung kotse ko ngayon.

I decided to book a Grab driver and I waited at the shed. After 5 mins, the car finally came. I sat in the front seat and Kuya started driving.

We're finally here after 20 mins since hindi naman masyadong traffic. I paid for the ride, went out of the car and walked inside the café. I looked for Blaze and it looks like I was the first one to arrive in here. I took a seat beside the window.

To: Blaze

I'm already here, Evri. Ingat ka papunta!

After texting him, Nilabas ko yung laptop ko at ginawa ang mga kailangan kong tapusin para bukas. I also decided to order some hot coffee since it's chilly inside.

"Thank you," I said as the waiter served my order. I looked at the time, it's already 7:30pm. What's taking him so long?

To: Blaze

Hey, where are you? Is everything okay?

Tinawagan ko siya dahil nagsisimula na akong mag-alala pero wala, hindi siya sumagot. Tinawagan ko na rin si Ralph para mag-tanong pero wala rin. Asan ba 'tong mga 'to? Inihiga ko ang ulo ko at ipinikit ang mga mata ko.

"It's already 9:00pm!? The fuck? Ang bilis naman ng oras."

Kinusot ko ang mga mata ko at sinapo ang ulo ko. Hindi ko namalayan na nakatulog na pala ako sa sobrang pagod. I looked for Blaze but still, he's not here. Siya yung nag-aya pero siya 'tong hindi nagpakita. I sighed, grabbed my things and walked out of the café.

"Shit! Ang lakas ng ulan," I cursed as I opened my umbrella. I was about to book a grab driver nang biglang namatay yung phone ko.

Tangina, kung minamalas ka nga naman.