00:31

india jalyse
october
as we laid in my bed watching netflix, i noticed that roddy's phone kept vibrating. i furrowed my eyebrow as i watched it light up sporadically. his phone never goes off this much. ever. "babe, are you gonna check that?" i asked him.

he sighed and sat up. "i mean, i guess." he grabbed his phone and started sifting through his notifications. i watched his face slowly fall as he kept scrolling. "ayo what the fuck?"

i sat up. "what's wrong?" i asked.

he opened instagram. "a snippet of one of my songs got leaked."

"which one?" i asked. he clicked on the shade room's instagram page and found the post. he pressed play and let it roll. i sat and tried to decipher which song on the album it was. "is that float?"

he locked his phone and threw it back down on the bed. "yup. i can't even put it on the fucking album no more."

"what the hell? yes you can," i crawled over and placed my hand on his shoulder, "a snippet only makes people anticipate the album even more." i tried my best to reassure him, but he didn't say anything else. i continued to rub his shoulder as we sat in silence. he sighed again, laying his head down in his hands. "do you know who could've done it?" i asked.

he racked his brain for a moment. "i ain't had no new people in the studio." he turned back and looked at me.

i cocked my head and sat back. "are you- are you assuming i had something to do with this?" i looked at him incredulously. out of all the things he could have said to me, out of all the things he could think, he chose to accuse me. "now what in your right fucking mind would make you think that i had anything to do with this?" i started to get defensive.

that's when the argument started. we both spat at each other back and forth, thinking of every excuse and yelling every expletive in the book. that was the first time he ever raised his voice at me. i could feel myself start to shut down after that. i was tired. i didn't wanna argue anymore, he can believe what he wants now. i don't care.

"you know what? i don't care. i don't care anymore, rodrick. i told you that i didn't fucking do it, and you're still raising your voice at me. i don't care. believe what you want." i ran my fingers through my hair and let out an exasperating sigh. he stopped dead in his tracks. he didn't say anything else, he just stood and looked at me. "if you're gonna leave, just do it." i pulled my hair back into a bun and laid back down on my pillow. i couldn't even bother to look at him anymore.

he quietly grabbed his stuff and stormed out, slamming the front door on his way out.

that was three days ago. we hadn't spoken since then. not a text, a tweet, anything. i refused to reach out to him first. i wasn't in the wrong; he sat in my house and yelled at me for something that wasn't my fault. our four month mark was tomorrow, and i genuinely did not know where me and roddy stood in our relationship. it was scary to think about. maybe our time was up.

"y'all ain't done." cash said as we all settled down on jamar's couch.

"i don't know man. it's been three days." i shrugged. i found myself checking my phone as if he would text me. cash was probably right, i just wasn't used to us arguing. i shouldn't assume that our relationship is over because of one argument, especially over something that wasn't my fault.