00:28

india jalyse
the flight to atlanta was considerably short. we all got off the plane and immediately loaded into a sprinter van headed straight to nick cannon's radio station. i looked over at roddy when we pulled up. he looked the slightest bit nervous, i watched him mindlessly twist his hair. i grabbed his hand and held it in mine, squeezing tightly. he looked over at me with a smile. i smiled back at him and turned back to my phone. i clicked between songs before stopping on loner by kali uchis. bree opened the door first and we all started to file out. roddy stepped out of the van before me and grabbed my hand to help me out. he started to walk forward before i pulled his hand. "what's wrong?" he asked.

"nothing," i stood on my toes and gave him a kiss, "i told you that you're gonna do fine. stop stressing baby. it's nick cannon, not jesus." i giggled. roddy nodded. i reached up to fix his hair before turning and walking away. bird waited and held the door open for us, so we walked inside. i followed roddy around the studio, as he seemed to know where he was going. he opened one more door and we were greeted by bright lights, as well as nick cannon himself. i took my airpods out and put them in my pocket.

nick said hello to keefa, bird, donbo, and bree first and escorted them to their seats. he came back and gave roddy a hug. "hey, great to see you made it safe! how-" he hiccuped, "are you this morning?" he asked. i noticed already that he was hiccuping a lot. that's weird.

roddy shrugged. "i'm doing pretty good, really excited for this interview." he replied nicely. nick looked over at me. you could see in his face that he was confused, but he still smiled at me anyway.

i stepped forward with a smile. "my name is india. it's nice to meet you." i shook his hand.

"nice to-" another hiccup, "meet you too."

roddy furrowed his eyebrow. "you okay, bro?"

nick laughed. "i'm good. i just had-" hiccup, "dental surgery yesterday. the medication is giving me hiccups." roddy nodded in understanding. "we go on the air in about 15 minutes, so you can just sit back for now." he said. roddy nodded once more and walked over to sit with keefa. he pulled out his phone started to scroll through instagram. i noticed that he never liked any posts, he just scrolled and observed. that's weird, too. i looked away and blankly stared at my slippers. i kicked my feet back and forth, watching the ears flop. "okay roddy, we're ready for you." nick called out. roddy stood up and walked over to where he was.

"we're live on the air in 3, 2, 1..."

they were 45 minutes into the interview and it was going well. i told him everything was going to go well, and it did. however, i could barely focus over the sound of my stomach growling. i realized i hadn't eaten all morning. "so we're getting food after this, right?" i looked over at keefa.

"oh yeah, we definitely getting food after this." he replied.

i nodded and turned back towards nick and roddy. "so, i see you brought the whole crew with you of course. who's this girl with you?" nick asked and pointed towards me. i prayed they didn't turn the camera towards me.

roddy looked back at me just to do it. he winked at me. i smiled brightly and waved at them both. "that's my girlfriend." he simply stated.

"how come we ain't heard about her sooner?"

"i don't need everybody and they mama in my business." he laughed. "but for real, she ain't like any other girl i've ever been with. what we have is special, i don't want our love to be poisoned by the media."