00:32

@Hoodricchrelly:
fucc tha media, the only female Roddy checkin for is India. we all know this.

india jalyse
it's been two days since my little breakdown. i'd like to say i've been handling it well, but i also haven't been to work since then. i used the time to deep clean my house and rearrange my room. i'm surprised i still have a job at this point; i realized that i hadn't gone in basically all week. i shrugged it off once again, remembering how much paid time off i've earned over the years.

as i cleaned my living room and kitchen, i blasted summer walker's new album throughout the house. "if you want me, it ain't no thing. you acting kinda shady, you ain't been calling me baby..." i sang along while i dusted my mantles. i only stopped when i heard my doorbell ring. i tossed the rag over my shoulder and jogged to the door. i swung the door open to reveal roddy standing on the other side. he flashed a weak smile at me. "hey."

"can i come in?" he asked. i stepped to the side and allowed him into my home. he was wearing one of his many nike tracksuits. it was black today, adorned with a black beanie and his black uggs.

god, he looked so good. stop it.

"what's up?" i probed, turning back towards him after i closed the door.

he looked down at his shoes. "i came to take you out, i feel like we need to talk." i stood there and blinked at him for a minute. i couldn't tell if i was actually trying to prove a point here, or if i was just taking in his features. either way, he looked nervous as he stood in front of me. i didn't understand why i was still hesitating. he felt like we needed to talk, and so did i. so why am i still standing here and not saying anything? "please." he pleaded.

i snapped back to reality. "yeah, lemme go change." i turned on my heels and retreated to my room. it was nothing for me to throw on some black leggings and an oversized crewneck with a pair of jordan 1s and white slouch socks. i loved dressing up during the cooler months, it was so soothing being able to wear neutral colors and oversized clothes all the time. i put on a few necklaces and headed back downstairs. roddy stood up when he saw me coming. "you ready?" i asked him. he nodded. i grabbed my phone and keys before following him out the door.

he still opened my door for me and waited until i was secure to close it. i watched him intently as he walked around the front of the car, my eyes remaining fixed on that position long after he sat down. "you wanna go to osaka?" he backed out of my driveway.

"sounds good to me." i nodded and sat back. my phone connected to his car system and immediately started playing from my library. i slowly looked over at him.

he looked at the radio, then over at me. "i like this song. you think she's gonna drop a deluxe album?"

i sighed in relief. "i don't know, i doubt it though."

the car was quiet again after that. i kept my eyes fixed on the road in front of me, occasionally sneaking a glance back at roddy. i never caught him, but i knew he was doing the exact same thing. "she was relly's sister." he announced before the silence became too much.

"i'm sorry?"

"i know you saw that post. the girl in the picture was relly's sister. we all went out to eat: relly, nikki, bree, bird, and keefa. she's family."

i only nodded, not feeling the need to question him any further. he turned the corner and smoothly into osaka's parking lot. he turned off the car and rushed to my door to open it. he reached for my hand and helped me out of the car. i nearly jumped at the feeling, it was the first time he had touched me since he got here. i didn't wanna let go. i held his hand as we walked into the restaurant and were seated. i sat down across from him in a booth, setting my phone down on the table. he mimicked my action then folded his hands in front of him on the table. "can you sit next to me?" i asked. he nodded and slid out of his seat. i moved over and let him sit down next to me. i was tired of anticipating what he had to say, i wanted to get straight to the point. "so what did you wanna talk about?"