00:34

india jalyse
"can y'all come on? we were supposed to leave 20 minutes ago!" i yelled from the top of the stairs of his house. i slung my backpack over my shoulder and ran downstairs. i made it to the first floor and watched as everyone scrambled to the front door. we all filed into the sprinter van after putting our luggage in the back. i sat down next to roddy and pushed my seat back. it was bound to be a short trip, but i wanted to be as comfortable as possible. i looked over at him. "are you excited?" i teased and poked his belly.

he giggled. "you know? i actually am. i wanna see what you got planned." he admitted. i pulled myself closer to him as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. i pulled out my airpods and reached to put them in my ear. roddy reached for the right one and i gave it to him, turning on my playlist. it didn't take longer for us to start moving, and i watched bree start to roll a few blunts.

"now if we get pulled over i'm letting you take the fall." bird said, looking over at her while he drove.

i kissed my teeth. "cuh, we're going from one legal state to another. they ain't gon do shit to us."

"it's still a bunch of niggas in a van with a controlled substance."

i shook my head as bree finished the first blunt. "you're being weird bro." she said and fished a lighter out of her pocket.

"on god, you act like we're harboring a fugitive or something," i started, "unless there's something you wanna tell us..."

everyone burst out laughing. bree passed the blunt to donbo next.

"y'all leave him alone, he's just tryna keep us safe." roddy said when he finished laughing. bird reached back and shook up with him.

"sound like he tryna save his own ass," i laughed, "you got a record or something cuh?"

he opened his mouth to speak before roddy interjected. "everybody in this car got a record but you, babe."

damn, all these niggas been to jail before? obviously, i knew about roddy. i can assume bree got a record because of roddy, but keefa and donbo? that surprised the hell out me. "you don't know what i got." i offered as a rebuttal.

everyone turned to look at me. "indie, you been to jail before?" bree asked. donbo passed me the blunt to roddy next. i rolled my eyes.

"twice. in college."

"what you mean you got arrested in college? you didn't even finish." roddy started laughing which turned into a coughing fit.

i took the blunt from his hand. "see that's why that blunt hit yo ass back. karma. gimme this," i took a hit, "the first time was summer after high school, then on valentine's day during freshman year. my brothers never let me live it down." i took another hit and passed it on.

"you can't just leave us hanging, what did you do?" bree finally asked. i sighed. i knew it was coming, i knew it was coming. that didn't mean i wanted to answer it. it was so embarrassing.

fuck it, we ball.

"y'all are gonna laugh, cause like it was like 11:00 at night right?. i was fucking white girl wasted with this group of girls i met at a party. this was before i met my bestfriend, and i ain't really have friends in high school so whatever. so we're all drunk and just cruising the streets listening to fucking migos. i don't even remember their names but—"

donbo stopped me. "india i don't mean to interrupt you, but please tell me that you weren't the only one to get arrested that night."

everyone else nodded.

"we all got arrested for different shit. reckless driving, public urination, public defecation, disturbing the peace and possession of alcohol as minors."