00:24

rodrick wayne
i walked to keefa's car and sat down in the passenger's seat, throwing my bag in the backseat. "damn, that's india?" he asked while he looked at her.

"yeah that's her. stop staring nigga, that's still my girlfriend." i rolled my eyes. he turned towards me.

"is that her son?" he asked, pointing to kylan on her hip.

i shook my head. "that's her nephew. can we stop by my place real quick before we go to the studio?" i asked. he nodded and drove off.

the ride to my house was quiet, we clearly ain't have nothing to talk about. i got out of the car and ran inside my house to change clothes and freshen up. i threw on my gucci hoodie and a pair of black skinny jeans before retreating back to keefa's car. "nigga you do realize it's july in california, right? why you got a hoodie on?" he laughed.

"it gets cold in the studio. shut up." he drove in the direction of the studio. he merged onto the expressway and fell into traffic.

"so, you met her family last night right? how did that go?" keefa asked. i recounted the events of yesterday to him, of course leaving out the fight between india and jasmine. it wasn't his business. i let him know that she was gonna stop by the studio later on. "ooh so we finally gon get to meet her?" he said as he turned onto the closest street to the studio.

i nodded, smiling to myself as i thought about her. damn, i ain't even been gone an hour but i miss her little ass already. i really can't stand to be away from her. i would drop everything right now to just lay up with her if i could. keefa pulled up to the studio and cut off the car. we both got out and made our way inside.

i walked into the studio to see bird, donbo, chris, and ali hovered over the soundboard. they all turned towards the door when i walked in. "damn, india tried to eat you last night didn't she?" bird pointed out the hickies on my neck, causing everyone to start laughing. i forgot that fast that she marked me up, i covered my neck with my hand self consciously. i sat down on the couch.

"fuck y'all," i laughed and kicked my feet up, "she coming by later though. so can y'all behave?" i asked nicely. they all looked at each other then back at me, nodding simultaneously. i noticed that everyone was here except for bree, which was weird because she was usually the first one here. "where's bree?" i asked the group.

"she running late. apparently her and laysia got into it again." i rolled my eyes. i know it ain't my business, but i wish she would just go ahead and cut that girl off. laysia gave me bad vibes from jump, but then again so did all of bree's friends. i let it roll off my back though, she knows how to handle her own shit.

ali turned his attention back towards the soundboard while he spoke. "okay listen to this beat i made." he pressed play and let the beat start. i sat up and focused on the music. the intro was smooth and real calm, but when i heard the beat drop i got excited.

"start it over real quick." i said and began to rack my brain for what i wanted to say next. ali started the song over. i listened to the beginning and said what came to mind right before the beat dropped. "i been on top for a while..." i stopped there.

everyone looked at me. "hold up, you might be on to something." chris said, and ali nodded in agreement. i sat back and pulled out my phone, opening my notes app. they let the instrumental ride out a few times, and i had the hook typed out in a matter of minutes. this song finna be fire.

i was halfway through the first verse when a text from india popped up on my screen.

From: princess💙
- i'm on my way 🥰

i couldn't help but smile. i quickly texted back.

To: princess💙
- okay, we're in studio 3