00:19

india jalyse
roddy called me about an hour ago and asked if he could come over. i clearly obliged and offered to make dinner for us. "you don't have to if you don't want to. we can just order in." he said as an alternate solution. i smiled and nodded. i didn't really wanna cook anyways.

"that's fine. pizza?" i asked and got up to get ready for his arrival.

"yeah that's cool with me. i'll see you soon mamas." we both said our goodbyes and hung up. i retreated to the bathroom and started to run my water for a shower. i stripped down and stepped inside, washing and rinsing twice before exfoliating. when i stepped out of the shower, i caught sight of the teddy bear roddy got me last week out of the corner of my eye. i smiled to myself. it may not seem like much, but that bear meant the world to me. it's one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. i remember asking him how he knew i would pick that bear.

"i saw that bear and it just had your name written all over it. it just matched the vibe i get when i'm around you. plus i remember you telling me that you always hated regular sized teddy bears."

"but why the brown one instead of the white one?"

"people actually like white teddy bears? but like i said, it didn't match the vibe you give off. brown teddy bears are timeless. that's how i feel when i'm around you. it's why i always love being with you all the time. it's like time just doesn't exist. real shit, i'll never get tired of being around you. so i wanted to pick something to remind you of how i feel about you everyday. something you'll never get tired of looking at." he finished and kissed my nose.

i smiled at him, blinking back tears. i reached forward and engulfed him in a kiss. "well i love it. i love it a lot."

i found myself still smiling at the interaction while i dried off and straightened my hair. this is definitely the happiest i've been in god knows how long. sure, it's only been a week but it feels like forever. this boy had me doing things i don't usually do. i've been singing. everywhere. and you'd be crazy to think that no one has noticed. winnie says i've been walking with an extra pep in my step, basically floating around the hospital singing chris brown. it sounds corny, but that's the effect roddy has had on me. it seems a bit early to say, but i really think i could be falling in love with him.

i rubbed cocoa butter into my skin and put on a pair of grey nike pros and a white crop top. i slipped on my teddy bear slippers and waited for roddy to text me and tell me he's here. while i waited, i straightened up my room and bathroom. it wasn't much of a mess, but it killed time. i heard my phone vibrate on my nightstand. i walked over and opened it to see a text from roddy.

From: my love 🥺💙
- i'm outside mamas.

i didn't respond, i just ran downstairs to open the door. "hey pretty girl. i brought snacks." he said when i opened the door, holding up three kroger bags. i smiled as he invited himself in and walked into the kitchen. i closed the door and followed him. he started to unload the contents of the bags. my eyes lit up when i realized he had gotten all of my favorite snacks. "let's see... snickers, reeses, peanut m&ms, hot fries, haribo happy cola, simply lemonade, and sprite. so you can have options, of course. does that sound right?" he looked up at me and awaited my response. i walked up to him and swung my arms around his neck.

"it's perfect," i planted a kiss on both of his cheeks before kissing his lips, "thank you baby. now what did you get for yourself?" i asked and reached for his bag.

"skittles, hot cheetos, gummy bears, oreos, regular m&ms, and sprite for me too. oh, and starbursts because i know you like the yellow and orange ones."

i poked his stomach through his black tee and giggled. "it's a wonder you still this skinny." i laughed and started to put everything back in the bags. he turned and grabbed two tall glasses from my cabinet and filled them with ice. we both walked upstairs to my room and he closed the door behind him. he handed me one of the glasses while i kicked my feet up.