00:26

omniscient
while india ate lunch with her uncles, nastasia found herself going 35 on the freeway. of course the speed limit was 55, but she was in no rush to get to where she was going. people passed her and honked their horns at her angrily, but she didn't care. nastasia was scared, but she knew she couldn't keep the information from anyone for much longer. she was starting to show.

she pulled into his apartment complex and punched in the code, an action she knew all too well. watching the gate she sighed, preparing herself for the conversation that was about to be had. she inched forward into the gate and directed herself towards his apartment. she parked next to his car and cut the engine. she sat for a moment and tried to calm herself down, as she could already feel the tears welling up in her eyes. just do it, she told herself, i just have to get it over it. with that, she stepped out of the car and up to his front door. his sister answered the door. she didn't say anything to her, instead she just stepped aside and let her in. nastasia noticed the bruise on her face, but she felt that it wasn't her place to ask. his sister knocked on his door. "stasi's here." she said and retreated to her room. nastasia waited on the couch for him to come out. she watched her leg shake nervously, so she tried to casually place her arm on it to stop it. she jumped up when she heard his bedroom door open.

"hey stasi." he said and walked into the living room. "is everything okay?" he sat down on the love seat. she took her seat on the couch.

she tried her hardest to figure out what she was going to say, it was starting to make her mad. you had the whole car ride here to figure this shit out, and you didn't. she looked up at him and he stared blankly, waiting on her to fill the silence. "umm... i have to tell you something." she finally said. he gestured towards her, waiting for her to speak again. she sighed once again and just decided to spit it out. "i'm pregnant."

his face fell. "you what?" he said, his voice barely above a whisper. she nodded slowly. his face remained the same as he tried to process what nastasia just said. "h-how far along are you?" he stuttered.

"11 and a half weeks."

he stopped to do the math in his head. she was almost 3 months. it made a lot of sense to him, he remembered what had transpired between them around this time 3 months ago. "so what are you gonna do about it?"

nastasia stopped and looked up at him. she was surprised, but at the same time she wasn't. they had never really discussed what would be done in the event of her getting pregnant. they just kinda did what they did, and prayed nothing more would come of it. "are you serious right now?" this is why she didn't wanna tell him, she had waited so long to tell anybody. now that she told him, she didn't wanna tell anyone else.

he nodded. nastasia tried to read his facial expression. it was nothing but a blank stare. that upset her even more. "stasi, we are not having kids together. that's not what this was. so what are you gonna do about it?"

"cassius, you're just as responsible for this child. stop saying what am i gonna do about it. yes, i know we never discussed this but you can't expect me to just give up this child because you're not ready."

he sighed. "you can do what you want with it," he stood up and walked back towards his room, "but i want no parts." he left her alone.

cassius always wanted kids, but not under this circumstance. he didn't see himself having a future with nastasia, he never did. if anything, he didn't even expect this to go on for as long as it did. he thought about how his sister would feel knowing that he got her bestfriend pregnant. but he knew she would be more upset to know that he didn't wanna keep the baby. india always advised any of her closest friends to stay away from cassius. growing up, most girls would befriend her just to get close to her brother. the older she got, the more frustrating it became. cassius knew this, but he couldn't help himself this time. anyone who knew cash and stasi knew that there was always unspoken sexual tension between them. it always confused them how everyone noticed it but india.