00:03

india jalyse

i woke up the next morning and i was still seeing double. it was as if the room was spinning, and my head was pounding. shit, i thought to myself, i'm never drinking again. i tried to sit up slowly as my head started to throb. i kicked my feet over the edge of my bed and sunk my toes into the white fur carpet in the floor. last night was a blur; i couldn't remember anything that happened. i didn't like that. i grabbed my phone from my pillow and walked to the bathroom. i looked at myself in the mirror. my lashes were barely hanging on, and my hair was a tangled mess. i sighed and turned to sit down on the toilet. the cold porcelain ran chills through my body. i grabbed my phone and unlocked it, only revealing three text messages.

From: 424-948-2297

-lmao you got the wrong number

-i don't know who this jordan fool is but it ain't me

-i hope you find who you looking for, but you prolly shouldn't text him

i furrowed my brows together in confusion and scrolled up in the messages. i groaned to myself and locked my phone. i tried to text jordan last night. what the fuck, india? i tried to type in his number from memory, and texted the wrong damn person. i hope that was the only thing i did last night. should i text them back? should i just leave it? i questioned to myself. my thoughts were interrupted by nastasia's voice booming through my bedroom.

"india? you good in there, babes?" she opened the bathroom door with a glass of ice water and a bottle of aspirin. lord knows she knew me so well. finally getting up from the toilet, i washed my hands. i smiled at her, taking the pills from her hand. i popped two and drank some water, feeling immediate relief when they slid down my throat. i moved back to my bed, sitting down. "stasi, what happened last night?" i finally asked her. stasi laughed, leaning against the threshold of the bathroom door.

"we can talk about that over breakfast. do you wanna go get something to eat?" she asked. i looked over at the clock on my bedside table. it was only 10:45, i don't know why it felt like it was later. i really didn't wanna be in the house today, so i agreed. "i'm gonna go home really quick and take a shower. be ready in an hour?"

i nodded once more and she left my room. i quickly got up, going back into the bathroom to start my shower. while i waited for my water to warm up, i started to think about the stranger i drunk texted. imagine how they felt, waking up to multiple texts and facetime requests from some random drunk girl. that shit is so embarrassing. don't text them, you already embarrassed yourself enough. i ignored my thoughts and texted them again. i grabbed my phone and clicked the message thread.

To: 424-948-2297

-hey. i'm really sorry about last night.

-i was really drunk and i thought i typed in the right number

i threw my phone on the counter and started to strip, stepping in the shower. i stood there for a minute as i let the hot water hit my skin. falling into a world of my own thoughts, i stared blankly at the wall across from me for what felt like eternity. i washed my entire body twice and rinsed off then turned off my shower.

i finished my hygiene routine with about 20 minutes to spare. walking into my closet, i began to pick out my outfit for the day. i settled on a white gucci t-shirt and some light wash ripped jeans, finishing it off with my gucci platform slides. i walked back to my bathroom to start on my hair and makeup. one look in the mirror and i sighed. i forgot how much of a mess my hair was from last night. i stalled a little bit, turning on some music before i started. ville mentality by j. cole played first. i sat my phone down and finally started on my hair. it took at least 30 minutes to finish everything. i looked at the clock. i had ten minutes left until nastasia came back. i checked my phone one more time. the person hadn't texted back yet. they probably think i'm crazy. maybe i am crazy. i don't know why i'm so nervous about their response. they probably won't even respond. i wouldn't respond to myself. i locked my phone and put it in my purse, making the conscious decision to not check it for the rest of the day. i heard nastasia honk her horn three times. grabbing my keys, i ran out of my house and to her car.