00:20

rodrick wayne
i pulled up to bree's apartment at around noon. she asked me to come over and chill, and i didn't have anything planned for the day so i decided to go. when i parked my car, i looked around to see who else was here. of course, there was bree's car. then i saw laysia's car and that damn black camaro. "i definitely won't be staying long." i said to myself as i got out of the car. i didn't even knock, i walked straight inside and closed the door behind me. i looked around the living room to see bree and laysia sitting on the couch. then that jay nigga popped up from the kitchen. he looked me up and down before sitting down on the loveseat. the fuck is this nigga's problem?

bree finally looked up to acknowledge me. "wassup roddy. you already know laysia, this is jay." she pointed to that nigga on the loveseat. i tried to be nice and acknowledge him. he gave me a simple nod and went back to what he was doing. i sat down on the couch next to bree and started to roll up. for the first time since i walked in the house, i noticed that there was music playing in the background. we all sat around and listened to youngboy and kevo muney. i tried to tune it out considering i don't listen to either one of them, but everyone else seemed to know every word.

another reason to not stay long.

we all sat around and smoked. the vibe became a bit more chill after the first blunt, but i still kept my guard up. i was halfway through my second blunt when i heard my phone ring. i looked down and smiled when i saw it was a call from india.

Incoming call from: princess💙

i asked them to turn the music down as i answered the phone. "hey beautiful." i said with a smile.

"i miss you." she whined, stretching out the last word. i laughed as she continued to whine. "can you come over tonight? i'm cooking. oh, and i'm making brownies." she told me.

i started to get ready to leave. "of course. what time you want me to come? you need me to bring anything?" i asked.

"preferably right now, and no. i just wanna see my baby." she replied in the cutest voice. i couldn't help but to smile.

"okay, i'll see you soon." we said our goodbyes and hung up. i looked at the time. it was 4:00, but she probably wouldn't start cooking until 5:30. i stood up and looked over at bree. she looked so fucking slumped. we barely even smoked. "i'm finna head out." i said to her.

she looked up at me. "that must've been india calling?" she asked. i rolled my eyes cause who the hell told her to say her name out loud? i nodded. "ight i'll holla at you later." i gave her a small nod and said goodbye to everyone. laysia and jay didn't say anything. they just stared as i left. i sat in my car for a minute trying to figure out why everyone bree hangs around just gives me bad vibes. you'd think she woulda cut laysia's toxic ass off a long time ago, but that ain't my business. and jay? everything about that nigga just don't sit right in my soul. he looks at me like i ran over his dog or some shit. like he's holding something over my head that i don't know anything about. i took a moment to breathe and let it roll off my back before i drove to india's house.

i stopped at a store near her house despite her wishes. i couldn't walk into her house empty handed, that's just rude. so i picked up her favorite drinks and headed out.

when i pulled into her driveway, she met me at the front door with a smile. she wore a pair of my grey sweatpants with a black crop top, and she had on those cute teddy bear slippers that she knew i liked. her curls were beautifully defined as she wore it out in an afro. i swear i find a new reason every day to fall in love with her. she looked down at the bag in my hand as i approached and rolled her eyes. "i thought i told yo ass not to bring anything!" she laughed and pulled me in for a hug. she always smelled amazing too, like vanilla. i wonder what she uses, i thought to myself as she pulled away. i bent down to kiss her.