00:21

rodrick wayne
it was finally july 4th, and i was due to meet india's family today. to say i was nervous is an understatement. this will be my first time meeting her brothers, and all three of her uncles are gonna be there. she speaks so highly of her uncles, but in the circumstance of i'll call them if i have to. i heard my doorbell ring from upstairs; the only person it could've been was india. i sprayed a bit of cologne and grabbed my bag before rushing downstairs. there's no question that i'm staying the night with her tonight. i opened the door to reveal india's smiling face. "hey babygirl." i said and closed the door behind me. i stopped to admire what was in front of me. she wore a black mini dress adorned with a yellow off white belt and a pair of white balenciagas. she accessorized with a custom cuban link necklace with her name on it and a pair of gold studs. "you look so pretty." i complimented her and pulled her in for a hug.

"thank you," she pulled away, "does my hair look okay?" she asked self consciously. i swear this girl changed her hair every twenty minutes. her body wave bundles were brown with blonde highlights and stopped at her hips. i nodded. she turned around and we walked to her car.

i looked across the street to see preston and victoria sitting on their porch. when they caught sight of me, i waved. "hey rodrick! who's that pretty girl with you?" victoria asked. india looked over at me.

"this is my girlfriend, india. india, these are my neighbors preston and victoria." i introduced them to each other.

india smiled at them and waved. "it's nice to meet you!" she said politely.

"you too, sweetie. well don't let us hold you up. you should bring her over for dinner someday, rodrick." preston said and took a drink from his glass.

i put my bag in the back seat. "of course. y'all enjoy your day." i smiled and waved at them one last time before getting in the car. india sat down in the driver's seat and started the car, backing out of my driveway. "did jamar ever tell you what you needed to bring?" i asked when she turned the corner.

"yeah, he just needed me to pick up some solo cups. they're in the backseat." she pointed. i nodded and turned on some music. up to something by metro boomin played and she immediately started singing every word. she turned the volume up and i watched her while she jumped around in her seat with so much energy. when the song started to fade out, she looked over at me. "why you so quiet? you ain't nervous are you?" she asked.

i shook my head. "nah i'm not." i lied straight through my teeth. she took her right hand off the wheel and grabbed my hand.

"you don't have to be nervous baby, they're all really nice. i promise you. i would not have been as quick to introduce y'all if they weren't." she reassured. i didn't say anything else, i just nodded. in no time, we pulled up to jamar's house. she parked on the street and cut off the car. i reached behind her and grabbed the solo cups. "hey!" she called out. i turned to look at her. she grabbed my cheek and pressed her lips against mines. "they're gonna love you. okay?"

"okay." we both got out of the car. i followed her up to the door and she walked straight inside. we were immediately greeted by jamar's wife and his son. india bent down to pick him up and kissed him all over. she looked back and gestured for me to follow her. we first stopped at the kitchen to speak to jania. she immediately pulled me in for a warm hug.

"it's so nice to meet you! everyone else is out in the back already." she pointed back towards the sliding door. india gave jania a hug and took kylan with her to the backyard. i heard music blasting when i stepped outside. i looked around to see jasmine and india's mom sitting near a fire pit with drinks in their hand, about 4 kids running around with sparklers, and india's brothers and uncles around the grill. they all turned towards us when they heard the door close. india's uncles walked towards her and she looked back at me. kylan reached for me, which surprised me. but i took him from india's arms and watched her run over to her uncles. she hugged one of them and they talked indistinctly among themselves. i looked at kylan and smiled while he babbled and played with my chains. god, this kid is adorable. i can't wait to have one of my own someday. india finally walked back over with her uncles. she took kylan from my hands and started to speak.