00:22

india jalyse
i couldn't help looking back and checking on roddy while he talked to my uncles. i had to make sure they weren't scaring him away. uncle dallas was the one i was most worried about, he's the one most likely to run this boy off. roddy can hold his own though, i don't think he's going anywhere. i noticed how he interacted with my little cousins, and how kylan took an instant liking to him. it warmed my heart to see how much he loved kids. they weren't on my mind right now, but i've always wanted to have babies. it's entirely too early to say, but i think roddy will make an amazing dad.

my mom couldn't stop gushing over him and it really tickled me. she couldn't get over how much of a gentleman he was and how he looked at me. i poured another can of sprite into my solo cup and threw away the can. we all sat back and watched the kids run around with fireworks while the sun set behind them. "you just look so happy with him, indie. it's so sweet." jania smiled. i held back a smile as i played with the ends of my hair.

"yeah, i really like y'all together." cassius added.

i couldn't hold in my smile at this point. "thanks cash."

"i'm just glad you were able to move on after jordan. i'm really glad that you and your sister are back on good terms, too. i didn't think you would be when you found out that she's the reason you and him broke up." my mom rambled.

huh? i don't think she realized what she just said, but it damn sure didn't match up with what jasmine told me.

"um... no? what are you talking about? jordan and i broke up way before i caught him with jasmine." i raised my eyebrow at my mother. i looked over at jasmine. she didn't even make eye contact with me. she casually shook her knee while she looked down at her phone. i looked over at cash. he sat there with his mouth agape. jania genuinely looked just as confused as me.

my mom looked over at jasmine. "you didn't tell her?" she said through her teeth. jasmine looked up at her, but she didn't say anything, you could see in her eyes that she was nervous, but she couldn't speak.

"didn't tell me what?" i asked and looked around at everyone. cash set his head down in his hands and sighed. mom kept looking at jasmine and jania still looked confused, but no one looked at me. i stood up. "didn't tell me what?" i repeated, starting to grow irritated. jasmine started to respond, but she was just a stuttering mess.

cash sighed again and started to spill. "jasmine and jordan weren't just a one time thing, okay? she lied to save her ass. they've been fucking off since february. she was the bitch texting and calling his phone." his head never moved from where it was.

"so all y'all knew? and y'all didn't tell me?" i could feel my hands starting to shake. jania still looked confused. bless her heart.

i didn't say anything else. i couldn't say anything else. i just laughed. and laughed. and laughed. yup, i'm finna kill this girl. i threw my drink in her face and lunged towards her. "india, no!" i heard jania yell, but i didn't stop. i grabbed jasmine by her hair and threw her to the ground, hitting her in her face repeatedly. at this point i couldn't see or hear anything going on around me, all i saw was red. i didn't stop swinging when i felt someone pull me off of her. i still couldn't see shit, but i knew they had moved me away from her.

"india, india, india!" i snapped back when i heard my name being yelled.

"what?!" i yelled back. i blinked and roddy was in front of me trying to calm me down. i don't know who was behind me, but when i saw jasmine get up off the ground and fix her hair i was ready to lunge towards her again. i don't see why she tried fixing her hair, most of it was on the ground anyways. i wiggled out of their grip and ran full speed at her, aiming every shot at her face. it took roddy and uncle dallas to pull me off of her. "you trifling bitch! next time i see you, you're dead!" i screamed and they pulled me into the house.