00:10

india jalyse
30 minutes later

i couldn't feel my face. it sounded cliché, but it was true. everything felt like it was vibrating, including my teeth. i looked over at roddy a few times. he seemed like he was doing fine. i mean duh, he clearly does this more than me. we were at the end of the third blunt and it was getting impossible for me to keep up. i lifted my hand up to my face. it didn't feel like it was moving, but it looked like it was trying to detach itself from my wrist. i put my hand back down in my lap. roddy had finally turned off the playlist that had been playing earlier and switched to a different one. i let the music sway me as i looked at the stars on the ceiling.

"you good over there, ma?" he asked and reached for my hand. i looked over at him as he caressed his thumb against the back of my hand, sending chills down my spine.

"i feel okay. do you wanna come inside or something? we really don't have to stay out here." i was getting kinda tired of sitting in his car. he nodded and got out of the car. i followed behind him and we walked to the door. we both stepped inside the house and i put my purse down on the counter. roddy looked around for a moment before he sat down on the couch. i grabbed two bottles of water from the fridge and walked back into the living room. roddy had already kicked off his shoes and started to roll another blunt.

"you have a really nice place." he said. i stood in the same spot for what felt like forever. i wanted to move, but it felt like my feet were glued to the ground. i looked down at my crocs. "india, you good?" i finally snapped back into reality.

i sat down next to him on the couch and grabbed my remote. "yeah, i'm cool. thanks." i turned on hulu while he lit the next blunt. he sat back on the couch and took a few hits before handing it to me. i probably should've said no, but i took it from him anyways. it was just a back and forth motion between us until it was gone. i turned on the simpsons and sat back on the couch next to roddy. he casually placed his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. i obliged and laid my head on him. i couldn't tell if it was the weed or the way he was holding me, but i felt so warm inside. it only escalated when he pulled me even closer and wrapped both arms around me. it definitely wasn't the weed. it was him. i didn't wanna feel like i was moving too fast with this one. i sat up. "we should get snacks. i wanna get snacks. come on, let's go."

you could definitely see the disappointment on his face, and i felt so bad. he jumped up. "yeah, let's go." he put his shoes on. i threw on my crocs and grabbed my keys. "you think you straight to drive?"

no. the answer is no. am i gonna say that? of course not. this is gonna be fun. "i should be fine, come on."

driving while high was definitely a new experience for me, but it wasn't particularly hard to do. my vision wasn't altered, my senses were just heightened. if anything, i think it made me more focused. we pulled up to the nearest gas station and got out of the car. i walked inside and damn near had a field day. i grabbed anything that could fit in my arms. i looked back at roddy. "you need help with that?" he asked while he grabbed a few snacks. i shook my head and walked to the register. i gently placed my things down on the counter and smiled at the cashier. he rang up all my items and read me my total. i pulled out my wallet and paid for everything while he bagged up my snacks. i took my bags and waited for roddy to finish. "you already paid for your stuff?" he asked me as the cashier bagged his stuff.

"yeah. it was my idea anyways."

roddy just sighed. "you gon learn one of these days, indie." i giggled. we walked out of the store together and back to my car. the ride back to my house was short, and not much was said.

"we should watch a movie. have you ever seen superbad?" i cut the engine when i made it to my driveway. roddy shook his head. i looked at him in disbelief. "you've never seen superbad? who are you?"