Chapter 24- "Doe-like Eyes"

*Third Person's pnt. of View*

Xavier and Vanessa sat in silence for a while after hearing the news of the Alpha's most recent announcement involving his daughter. Initially Xavier was excited at the idea, but now he realized that everything was happening all too fast. The Red moon was still about a month away. Things were moving too quickly. There's no way his plan would hold out for that long. He needed everything to be calm for at least a little longer. It seems he underestimated the Alpha's response to Anna's sudden change in behavior. 

Xavier felt as though his plan had gone wrong. His brow furrowed as he shook his head and muttered, "no, no, this is not right," meanwhile his index rested against his lips in a contemplative manner. 

"What is it?" Vanessa asked, when she noticed the pale vampire's troubled eyes, and deep frown lines. 
"Anna losing her title is not to our advantage at all. The red moon is too far away. I need a change in plans. Anna-Marie cannot be discovered to have been poisoned yet. It's too soon. Or else, the entire plan, all of this was for nothing." Xavier explained, and Vanessa frowned, her mouth forming a small curious 'oh'.
"But not too long ago you were excited about this." Vanessa pushed t, trying to understand the evil which fueled Xavier's thought process, then she added, "And even if Anna doesn't get figured out, Joey has not been dosed in a while, won't he be going through some kind of withdrawal?" She asked, and Xavier replied, "I know that, but there is more at play than just the perfect spoilt princess losing her spotlight. There is something much greater riding on this plan going without a hitch. And as for lover boy, he's already too far in the weeds, nothing he says will have any credibility now. And even if he went through withdrawal, he can only remember so much. No, I 'm not worried about him. There are more important things to focus on right now. There's someone I have to make contact with." Xavier began to work his brain for a quick solution. 
"Who?" Vanessa asked, as her fingers wrapped around the cell bars, and she pushed her face close to them, while her wide eyes stared on at the vampire across the room.
"That is none of your concern. I should warn you though, this is probably going to freak you out." Xavier warned, as he sent a skeptical look towards Vanessa, before removing his right shoe. Vanessa watched him attentively. 

Picking up the boot, Xavier turned it and lifted the heel to reveal a small crevice hidden right beneath the sole of his shoe. Taking out a small clear vial, not bigger than his pinky, Xavier removed the tiny cork, and said, "ah I knew I'd need you sooner of later." Then in one swig, he gulped the dark green substance from the vial. 

Once he did so, he made a face of complete disgust, then he shivered all over. Vanessa watched on confused, but without a word. She admired Xavier. He was smart, cunning, and he was easy on the eyes. But she knew she couldn't trust him farther than she could throw him. 

"Now," Xavier sighed and looked at Vanessa warning her, "don't freak out." 
"Don't freak out for wha-OHMYGOSH!" Vanessa had no chance to finish her question, when Xavier suddenly grabbed his chin and the back of his head, and twisted it in an unnatural manner. A sickening crack made it's way around the dungeon and into Vanessa's ears, then Xavier's eyes rolled to the back of his head, his body falling to the ground. 
"Um..." Vanessa muttered nervously before she gulped, "Xavier?" she called out in a whisper, though she had no idea why she was whispering in the first place. "This is so weird." She muttered to herself, her palms running with sweat, which caused her to wipe them on her jeans, before walking back to the small bench provided in her cell, where she sat down and waited nervously for the guards to come discover that Xavier had killed himself. 

Meanwhile back in the castle, Anna-Marie had finally moved from her standing spot, and decided to sit down at the base of the stairs. She sat in a pensive manner, with her elbows propped on her knees, and her intertwined fingers resting against her chin. Her dry eyes blinked just slightly, as she stared at no specific spot on the floor.