Chapter 11- "Night Chase" Part 1

*Third Person's pnt. of view*

Maria huffed and puffed as her paws heavily thudded through the dark forest. She wasn't sure where she was headed, but she just knew that she had to keep going. To say she was clueless was an understatement. She was clueless, shocked, confused, and somewhat traumatized. Anna wasn't sure for how long Joey was following her, but she was damn thankful that he showed up just in time. 

Maria's heart began to beat frantically as her human finally began to digest just how dark and deep of a hole she had dug herself in, and as a result, the nausea suddenly crashed onto Maria's body like a violent wave crashing against the jagged rocks at a deadly beach. Skidding to a halting stop, Maria gagged as she suddenly threw up everything she had consumed during the party. When Maria could barely catch her breath, she gave up and allowed Anna-Marie to transform. 

Anna gagged, wheezed, and coughed as the sour bile burned past her chest, up her throat, over her tongue and out of her mouth. Joseph found her quickly, and when he placed his hand on her shoulders, she jumped away frightened.

"Hey, hey, it's just me." Joseph explained as he leaned down next to her, wiping her mouth.
"J-Jo-ey- Jo- I- wh" Anna couldn't calm her breathing enough for her to say something coherent.
"I know, I know." Joseph cooed when Anna suddenly burst into tears, and her naked form collapsed into Joseph's hold. 

Joey keeping his respect lifted his eyes to the sky, as he wrapped his arms over her shoulders and around her neck as she cuddled against his hold. Anna's shaken sobs teared through the dark forest like a sharp arrow, with a bitter bite. 

Joseph knew that this was the shock controlling Anna's emotions, and he wanted her to know that she was not alone through it. Anna's hair stuck to her damp forehead, though the rest of her body was suddenly cold. Too cold. 

"Joey, I-I'm cold." Anna muttered as she suddenly shuddered. Then the pain from her mental punishment started. The grief, the deceit, the realization, they burned through her muscles, and paralyzed her limbs. They tortured her mind, and tormented her soul. 

Anna drew in a sharp breath, the nausea of her recent actions ransacking her body. She screwed up. She, Anna-Marie, the future Luna of the Red Moon Pack, screwed up. And it wasn't just the one white lie, but the many more that followed. Anna suddenly gasped. Fear hitting her like a ton of bricks. 

Frank... 

She couldn't help but think... what happened to Frank? Was he really in the bathroom? Or did he go missing? Or worse... did he... die?

Anna's eyes widened, as Joey felt her heart pick up the pace. The horror she felt preyed on her body and her mind. She felt it clasp it's cold slender fingers around her neck, and it began squeezing the life from her naked body. Anna wheezed grabbing onto Joseph's arm. She felt her chest tightening, her throat closing while her mouth opened as it greedily gasped for air that did not seem to make it past her dry tongue.

"Joey-Joey- I-I-I C-an-t b-br-ea-the" Anna stuttered out, every breath feeling more challenging than the next.
"Anna, Anna, I need you to relax. Breathe." Joseph explained urgently. The shock was resulting in a violent panic attack, and it was not looking good.
"Joseph..." Anna stated, panic settling in her mind.
"Okay, okay, just shh. Listen to my voice, slow down, get some rest." Joseph cooed as he began to pet her hair, and dab away the sweat which had bedewed her forehead.
"Joseph.. stay with me." Anna found her mind overwhelmed and shutting down quickly, as he fingers held onto Joseph's shirt for dear life.
"I'm here baby, and I am not leaving you. Not ever. I'm right here." Joseph swore quietly, and with one last gasp, Anna instantly went limp in his arms. 

Taking out a large shirt from his backpack, and covering her nudity, Joseph placed the sleeping Luna on his back, then transformed into Gio. When he made sure she was well positioned on his back, Gio began trotting silently towards the caves, where he could find shelter for the night, well hidden from the vampires who would soon be tracking them down. Joseph knew that taking the long route back to the cliff was dangerous, but it was the best bet to avoid bringing a war to their doorsteps.