Chapter 22- "The Bitter Orphan"

*Third Person's pnt. Of view*

"So let me get this straight. You and Anna-Marie head to the mall. You get hungry and decide to go to Chipotle, and while you're paying for your food, the guy who takes your card turns out to be your mate." James asked while sitting in the kitchen with Aisha, where they both munched on sandwiches, though Aisha was more interested in the tub of ice cream sitting before her.
"Yeah." Aisha nodded, while grabbing a spoonful of the Rum Raisin flavored cream, and hoping the cool and sweet treat would numb the pain she was feeling.
"Alright, so then you initially wanted to reject him, but Anna convinced you to talk to him, which you did, and you thought things would work out." James continued to analyze.
"Uh huh." Aisha agreed again.
"You marked Joey to save his life and now Denzel has no idea who you are." James concluded.
"Right on the money." Aisha pepped flatly.
"I see," James nodded, then he asked in addition, "so you're saying your mom knew all this time?"
"Daaad." Aisha called out rolling her eyes.
"What? I just want to know." James chuckled and Aisha couldn't help but laugh a little, and James smiled as he pet her cheek and said "that's what I was looking for."

At her father's actions, Aisha looked down and frowned, a set of fresh tears rolling down her face.

"Hey, there's no need for that. Aisha honey I am so proud of you, and I know nothing I can say or do will help you feel better, but I am here if you ever need a shoulder to cry on." James offered.
"I love you dad." Aisha announced.
"And I love you." James replied in return, then he pulled his daughter into an embrace.
"Well actually dad," Aisha spoke as she pulled away from the embrace, "there is one thing you could do to make me feel better." Aisha explained, a mischievous glint playing in her eyes.
"Yeah? And what's that?" James asked carefully.
"You could get me another tub of this delicious ice cream." Aisha explained, and James stood up as he lifted his hands above his head and said "oh no, I took that from Adelina's special stash. If she even realizes that one went missing, she is coming for my head. Do you want your father walking around headless? No you do not." And with that declaration, both James and Aisha exited the kitchen with laughter.

The father and daughter duo headed back to the clinic to check in on Joey, and once they arrived, Aisha was shocked to find Joey on his feet.

When Joey spotted Aisha, he was quick to pull her in his arms as he muttered, "thank you. Thank you so much. I owe you one, like big time." Joey expressed his gratitude.
"Yeah you do." Aisha agreed as they pulled away.

Joey grabbed onto Aisha's hands, and encased them in his palms, he opened his mouth to say something, when from the doorway came a harsh "what the hell?"

All heads turned, and there stood Anna-Marie, her eyes angry as she scrutinized Joey and Aisha, whose hands were still held together.

"Seriously? Again?" Anna asked, her tone appalled, her eyes already filling with tears.

She scoffed and turned away sharply.

Aisha made a move to go after her, but Demitrey stopped her, and decided to speak to his daughter instead.

"Anna-Marie!" The Alpha called out as Anna stormed out of the clinic. The moment the pack members noticed the Alpha, they all bowed in respect then scattered, giving the Alpha and his daughter absolute privacy.
"What do you want? You're a traitor!" Anna accused, "how could you let them do this to me?" Anna asked, her tears spilling.
"Do what?" Demitrey asked raising an eyebrow.
"That! I walked in on them-"
"Holding hands because Joey was thanking Aisha for saving his life?" Demitrey questioned, and Anna was stunned to complete silence.

Demitrey sighed and looked up to the sky, then he looked back down at his daughter, and grabbed her hand. He led her to his office, then closed the door once they were inside.