Chapter 4- "Mates and the Mall"

*Third person's pnt. Of view*

Adelina pet her daughter's hair in attempt to calm the upsetting sobs that caused Anna's shoulders to shake involuntarily.

"Hey," Adelina called out as she directed her daughter to sit up and look her in the eyes, "come on, take a deep breath." Aden coached as she breathed along with her daughter, until Anna's cries had calmed down.
"Talk to me." Adelina stated after Anna could finally breathe normally.
"I rejected him." Anna explained, then she rolled her eyes sniffling as she added "well I tried to anyway."
"And I guess he didn't receive the rejection too well." Adelina nodded, and Anna confirmed it as she added "so now here I am stuck. I can't move on from him unless he accepts my rejection, and he doesn't give me a chance to talk to him. At least if I could do that then I would know where I stand. Or at least know what was wrong with him in the first place." Anna-Marie shrugged, throwing her arms up.

Adelina looked over at her daughter and shook her head. She had been through the exact same thing with Demitrey, and knew that there was no easy way out of this, so instead of bringing her daughter down, she thought of something else.

"Do you know what I did when your father was being all coldhearted?" Aden asked her daughter.
"No, what?" Anna asked, her curiosity piqued.
"Well I made a new friend, your uncle James. He distracted me enough and kept my mind off your father for a while. He even took me to the club once." Adelina explained, and Anna gasped as she said excitedly "are you saying I can go to the club?"
"Absolutely not!" Adelina denied quickly, crushing Anna's hope.
In return Anna pouted then she smiled as she shrugged and said "worth a try."

Adelina shook her head and rolled her eyes as she said "what I'm saying is for now give him space. Do you. You have Aisha, go to the mall, keep yourself busy so he won't be on your mind all the time."
"I hear you." Anna responded with a nod, then she kissed her mom on the cheek, feeling better and relieved, and afterwards she stood and headed for the door.

As she opened it, Anna turned to her mom and said "by the way, I made a new friend. His name is Xavier, and we're having a picnic tomorrow afternoon at the cliff."
"Oh? Well see things are looking up already. Just be careful alright? Don't be too trusting of others." Adelina warned, having her fair share of backstabbing friends.
"Of course, I learned everything good from my mother." Anna confirmed, then she smiled softly as she added with a genuine tone "thanks mommy."

With a nod and giggle from her mother, Anna walked out of the office, and headed back to the castle.

*Anna-Marie's pnt. Of view*

It would be late afternoon when Aisha burst into my room and all but dragged me out of bed, as she begged me to head to the mall with her.

The one place where both wolves and humans shopped.

It was always a bustling environment, everyone going about their day. The only thing was the fact that the humans did not know of our wolves.

Some had their conspiracies, but as werewolves, we did try to keep our wolves a secret, in order to avoid being bombarded with questions, not to mention the possibilities of ending in a lab to be poked and probed.

I wasn't always comfortable going to the mall. I always felt so different, and though I appreciated the humans, I feared what they would do if they actually knew of our other side.

I was reluctant to accept, then I remembered my mom's advice, and decided to go.

I planned to meet with Aisha in about thirty minutes.

I took a shower and got ready to head out, except when I opened the door, I came face to face with none other than Joey.

"Going somewhere?" He questioned, as he all but shoved his way past me and into my room.
Confused not to mention quickly agitated, I turned sharply and faced him as I crossed my arms and asked "can I help you?"
Joey sent me a look, then shrugged casually as he said "I asked you a question first."
"What are you, seven?" I found myself asking before I could stop myself.