Chapter 28- "Submission"

*Third Person's Pnt. Of view*

In the conscious world, Selene welcomed the mother-daughter Luna duo with opened arms and a bright smile. 

Selene proudly pulled her great granddaughter in her arms and kissed her forehead as she declared, "I am so proud of you my darling, and I know everyone else will be proud of you too. But now for the next step: Facing your father." Selene sighed, and Anna-Marie pulled away and looked at the moon-goddess, nodding in understanding. 

Selene ushered the ladies back to the pack grounds, and departed without them noticing. Selene figured since the Luna and Alpha often complained of her unexpected appearances and departures, she'd thought to be more subtle... though Selene never considered the word 'subtle' to be part of her vocabulary. And who doesn't love a dramatic entrance?

As soon as the Luna and her daughter stepped foot into the pack grounds, it's as if Anna's victory was automatically sensed in the minds of the pack members, and out of respect, they all bowed to the Luna, then stood and waited. There was an instant change in the atmosphere, and the Alpha who was on the far end with his Beta and James, all three awaiting Melanie's signal for Kade to recruit Alpha Tatum, also felt the change in the atmosphere. 

Demitrey who had been discussing further details with Kade and James stopped mid-sentence, his brown eyes shifting to the other end of the pack grounds, where his daughter and Luna were approaching. As if on instinct, Demitrey began marching towards his daughter. He felt her victory in his spirit, and now needed to see if she was ready to submit to him as her Alpha and Father. It was all about the humility and respect of the future Luna. What Anna-Marie did not know was that this was also a test of her character. 

When the pack members noticed the Alpha approaching, they all bowed in respect, and followed after their leader. Cilia noticed the movement from the clinic window, and she along with Joey made their way out to witness what was going to happen. In that moment of gathering, it felt like the entire environment was preparing for this exchange. 

The once blue sky was suddenly covered in clouds. The birds stopped chirping, and instead crows replaced the light tweeting with their deep and loud caws which had Anna's skin running with goosebumps. Anna-Marie noticed her father approaching. His eyes darker than usual, his brow set in a strict line. The Alpha approached with his Beta and his third in command. Jordan, Jayla and Aisha all emerged at the top of the stairs which led up to the castle. Cilia and Joey were now part of the crowd which soon created a circle around the leaders and their daughter. Anila showed up from the kitchen and both Kade and James stood behind their Alpha. Melanie soon joined Jordan and Aisha at the top of the stairs. 

Right before Demitrey stood before his daughter, he looked up to his wife and mind-linked her, "Is she ready?" He demanded, and Adelina smiled softly and replied, "See for yourself.

Following that short exchange, Demitrey said nothing. He walked up to his daughter, then stood about a foot or two away. Anna-Marie looked into her father's eyes, as Demitrey set his jaw firmly, causing a visible click to show under the skin of his jaw, his eyes hard as he stared down at his daughter. No one spoke, and no one dared to move. The crows had stop cawing. The wind blew softly, but there was bitter and tense chill in the air. Adelina felt the wind blow through her hair, while Anna's brown hair blew across her cold cheeks and lips. 

The Pack members all waited in anticipation. Not too long ago, the future Luna lost her title, but the Alpha did warn that she still had the chance to lead. Whether the pack members acknowledged the moment it happened, they all felt it when Anna-Marie overcame the poison which had overtaken her identity, and they all felt the moment she defeated the once feared alpha. The future Luna had begun her road to redemption, and now they anxiously waited for her to take the next step.