Chapter 20- "Go"

*Third person's pnt of view*

As Anna felt her limbs run cold, and her upper body collapsed to the floor, her dry lips still yearned to call out the one name that belonged to the hero who once rescued her from this horrid experience. When she had her panic attack after Joey saved her from Xavier, she remembered being cocooned in Joey's arms. She felt warm, safe, with no worry in the world.

However, now, here she was, lying alone. Anna felt cold, afraid, and absolutely clueless as to what could happen to her. Anna-Marie felt so weak, she could barely even feel Maria's presence.

She truly felt alone.

Anna's body began to disappear in her mind. The room was spinning, and the floor beneath her was as soft as a mattress, with the movement and fluidity of ocean waves. But soon enough, none of that mattered because she was gone. When Anna faded from the real world, she opened her eyes to another world. Anna found herself standing in a foggy forest. She wasn't too hot, or too cold, but everything around her seemed almost frozen. There was no wind to caress the trees into a dance, and there were no birds to chirp out the symphony that indicated any sign of life. The entire world just seemed still.

The heavy fog was as thick above the treetops, as it was weaved between the thick tree trunks and on the ground. Anna-Marie knew her environment, and her suspicions were confirmed when she noticed a thin visible trail that led to the one place she was all too familiar with.

The cliff.

Feeling more or less guided towards the cliff, Anna began making her way there. When Anna-Marie emerged from the forest, there at the tip, stood none other than Joseph. His hands were in his pockets. His shoulders relaxed, his back turned to Anna, and his stance was casual, comfortable, peaceful even.

Anna-Marie wasn't sure whether she was dreaming or... probably dead, and even though Joey was the last person she wanted to see, she figured she had to talk to him. This was her chance to let go of everything she had been feeling towards Joey. After finding out everything from Joey about his involvement with Vanessa, and Xavier, and the whole hoopla, Anna-Marie wanted nothing more than to inflict some serious pain on Joey because he ruined her life.

She would be known as the Luna who was duped by her mate because he couldn't keep his ding dong in his pants.

Anna-Marie felt like ripping Joseph apart. She wanted to be far away from him because he made her sick. And when Joey took a stake to the heart for Anna, hearing him groan in pain, Anna believed it would've brought her satisfaction, because in her mind, since he hurt her, he deserved to suffer for it. Except, she wasn't pleased. She wasn't satisfied with Joseph taking a stake to the heart. It wasn't enough. She wanted him to suffer more. He had to feel the pain of her betrayal, and ten times more. She needed him weeping and miserable before she could even consider him worthy of earning her love and her heart.

When they carried Joey's body away, Anna wondered why anyone would waste their time saving him. He wasn't a hero. He saved her life because it was his duty, she didn't count his cries of agony or his hissing, or the fact that he couldn't heal as punishment, he was just doing his job, it wasn't anything personal in her favor, and Anna wanted Joseph to hurt in her favor. She was the future Luna, a future Queen. He was nothing more than a warrior, a lowly servant compared to her position. It was his job to die for her, it as his obligation. It doesn't mean he deserved a reward or a celebration.

Anna-Marie remembered just how her heart thumped heavily in her chest when she noticed Joseph's pale body lying on the trauma table. Anna-Marie wanted to feel a little happy about him being miserable, but at that point, she actually felt nothing. She shut down. He was a wounded warrior, hurt in battle, if the doctors couldn't save him, then that was the end of the story.