Chapter 31- "The Truth"

*Third Person's pnt. Of view*

As the afternoon began to bleed into the evening, Adelina had begun wrapping up with Cilia and Melanie in the clinic, though since her visit to the dungeons, Adelina has been pondering on what Xavier said. And then something clicked in her mind.

"He told me everything." Adelina suddenly announced, startling both Cilia and Melanie.
"What?" Melanie asked Adelina who had stopped packing the bandages she held in her hands.
"Xavier," Adelina clarified, "he told me everything." The Luna repeated, then she dropped the bandages which were in her hands as she exited the storage closet in haste while saying, "I need to find Anna-Marie. Cilia have Joey find me and Anna, and tell him I need him now."
"Okay." Cilia nodded, but Adelina was already out the door.

A few paces away from the clinic, Anna-Marie had begun wrapping up her lists with Aisha, when she felt another wave of nausea crash through her body. Anna had continued feeling the intermittent moments of increased heartbeats and blurry visions for the remainder of the afternoon, but she tried to keep it hidden from Aisha and everyone else. Anna aimed to talk to her mom about it, hoping it was nothing serious. Anna-Marie wasn't sure why she felt the way she did, but she just hoped whatever it was, she'd recover from it soon.

Adelina exited the clinic with quick and determined steps, as she called out, "Selene."
"Yes Adelina." Selene was next to Adelina in the blink of an eye, except the Luna was too preoccupied with the task of saving her daughter to be startled.
"He told me everything." Adelina repeated to Selene, as she continued making her way towards the castle, where she knew Anna-Marie would be.
"Yes he did." Selene replied, as she walked along side the Luna.
"My vampiric traits were recessive," Adelina began to ponder out loud, as a cool afternoon wind swayed through the trees, and the sun began to set in the horizon, "which means that they're even more recessive in Anna since both Demitrey and I are werewolves." Adelina continued to decipher out loud, her eyes forward, her steps strong and firm.
"Yes." Selene replied once again, knowing that she didn't have to say much, since Adelina had already figured it.
"Aisha was able to help Joey overcome the poison and venom in his system because she marked him, so that means that Joey has to mark Anna... doesn't he?" Adelina asked carefully.
"Yes he does." Selene nodded, then she added, "Are you sure you're up for that conversation with your daughter?"
"Selene no one is ever up for that conversation with their kids, but I have to warn her, or at least.. I don't know." Adelina trailed off, her mind already thinking of how to approach Anna-Marie with the sudden news, only to be pulled back to reality when she heard Aisha's voice a few feet away yell out, "oh my gosh Anna!"

Adelina didn't waste a second as she dashed towards Aisha's voice and found Aisha holding Anna-Marie's body off the ground. Anna was hunched over and clenching her chest, while she closed her eyes tightly and winced with every breath she took in.

"What's going on?" Adelina asked, as she removed Anna-Marie from Aisha's arms.
"She just started groaning and complaining of chest pain, and next thing I knew, she was like this." Aisha explained, as Adelina brought Anna's body to the ground, "And earlier today she had this weird moment where she was off balance and disoriented, but then she recovered, drank some water, and was fine until now."

Anna winced, cried and hissed her heart sending out sharp stings through her body with every accelerated beat.

"Selene?" Adelina looked up at the moon goddess, who's grim facial expression did not make Adelina feel at ease. Selene lowered herself to Anna-Marie's level, and hovered a hand over her chest.
"Just as I expected," Selene noted then added in a firm tone "the venom is attacking her heart." Selene revealed, then she added, "Joey marking Anna will solvenothing. She's going to have to mark him too."