Chapter 38- "Claimed" - Part 1

*WARNING: This chapter contains material that some may find sensitive/ offensive. Read at your own discretion.*

*Third Person's Pnt. Of View*

As Anna and her mother began heading home, upon arriving at the line where the forest meets the cliff's clearing, Adelina stopped, her eyes zoning in on the small circular artifact that laid on the ground. Bending low to further examine the object, Adelina noticed that it was Maynard's ring. The crystal was now clear of his blood and moonlight. Standing straight, Adelina looked over at Anna, then with a smile shared among the women, Adelina stomped her right heel on the ring, breaking the fragile object, then they continued on their way. 

The group of four arrived on the grounds just as Demitrey and Tatum defeated the last of their vampiric foes. Daniel and Jordan were already cleaning the grounds of bodies, while the guards took pity on the last of the vampires who attempted to escape with their lives, even if it meant crawling away while sustaining injuries. 

Joseph kissed Anna-Marie's head, then he stepped away heading to help Jordan and Daniel. Anna-Marie found Aisha and Jayla, and joined the others in the medical cots in patching up the last few members. Kade and James were clearing out the forest with Tatum's Beta and Third in Command, but both Aaron and Melanie had to rush inside as the sunlight began to creep over the forest and onto the pack grounds. 

"Adelina!" Demitrey called out, as the Luna looked around for her mate.

Demitrey ran up to her. He embraced her in his arms, kissing her head and face as he muttered, "I'm sorry I wasn't there baby. I felt the pain, but I couldn't get away, the vampires just kept coming, like Maynard personally assigned an entire army to keep me away." 

Adelina smiled, and pulled away slightly, only to grab Demitrey's face, then she looked into his eyes and said, "Well, army or not, we always find each other. I'm okay." Adelina reassured, then she wiped Demitrey's fallen tear, and kissed his mouth. 

Tatum approached the couple, and placed a hand on Demitrey's shoulder. Demitrey snaked a hand around Adelina's waist, then he gave a hand to Tatum, who shook it gladly as he said, "Guess we're even now, right?" 
"Yes sir, we are. Thank you Tatum." Demitrey said sincerely.
"Don't mention it, still want the steak though." Tatum pointed out.
"Of course you do." 

The Alphas shared a laugh. Then Tatum bowed his head towards Adelina, and walked away as he began gathering his members. 

Demitrey stood in the middle of the grounds, and looked at his wife, then he kissed her hand, before he spoke out in his Alpha tone, "Last night, our allies became more than just allies. They became family. We fought hand and in hand with our fellow brothers and sisters, and the teamwork paid off. The threat which once loomed over our pack has been defeated, but we couldn't have done it, if not together." Demitrey paused, and smiled towards Adelina. A crowd had formed around them. 

In this crowd, Demitrey acknowledged his son and daughter, his Beta and Third in command, their respective mates and families, Tatum and his council, and even Aunty D and Elany. Demitrey nodded his head, a pride and love swelling in his chest. Adelina squeezed his hand in encouragement.

"Alpha Tatum, on behalf of the pack, allow me to extend out thanks and gratitude, and Queen Melanie and Prince Aaron, our thanks and gratitude extend to you as well. Red Moon Pack, show your gratitude." Demitrey concluded, and with a smile, Kade beat a fist on his chest, before lifting his face to the sky above, and released a deep howl. The Alpha and Luna followed, then the entire packed howled suite. 

Once the howling of thanks had been performed, Demitrey sighed, he looked over his family, and said last, "And now ladies an gentleman, I think it's time we all took a breather. Warriors, see to it that the grounds are clear, the council and I will be meeting within two hours. Once the grounds are clear, Warriors, go home to your family. You deserve it. And night shift, control the perimeter.