Chapter 6- "I am A Werewolf"

*Third person's pnt. Of view*

After hacking into the Chipotle scheduling system the night before, Aisha found herself driving towards the mall with only one goal in mind.

She had spent the night before thinking long and hard about how she would handle her mate situation, and as much as the hated being a negative Nancy, Aisha couldn't see anything positive coming from having a human mate. Something always went wrong. Whether the human betrays their significant other, or they die before their mate, something almost always went wrong.

And that pain was something Aisha wanted to avoid at all costs.

She had heard many horror stories of human mates gone wrong, and frankly, the drama was not in Aisha's bucket list. So, strengthening her resolution and gripping the steering wheel a little harder than she had to, Aisha sped towards the mall.

According to the schedule, Denzel's shift would be over around three o'clock, which allotted Aisha enough time to think about what she would say to him. However, no matter how many times she had practiced what she planned to say to Denzel, the second she saw him exist the mall, her mind went blank.

Aisha had completely forgotten how she initially planned to approach him. She also forgot how she planned to ease into the conversation of her being a werewolf. Aisha, in her moment of doubt also missed the fact that Denzel made his way towards her when he spotted her.

The moment Denzel noticed Aisha, he felt a sense of relief wash over him, though he couldn't comprehend the sudden feelings he had when it  came to Aisha.

After Aisha ran out of the mall yesterday, Denzel found a sudden worry settle on his spirit, and he knew it had to do with Aisha because she was the only thing on his mind up until now. 

And now here she was, standing before him.

"Hi." Denzel spoke as he stood a few steps away from her, hoping that she wouldn't run away again.
"Hi." Aisha replied, a sudden shyness settling on her mind. Aisha felt herself smile as a blush heated her face when Denzel sent her a kind smile.
"I don't think we've formally met, my name is Denzel Paul." He stated kindly as he held out his hand.
"Aisha." replied Aisha, as she shook his hand, knowing exactly what would happen when she touched him. 

Denzel felt a surprising spark ignite over his skin as his hand met hers, and he drew in a sharp breath, his eyes drinking in Aisha's beauty as if seeing her in a new light.

Aisha's blushed deepened as she felt her body react to his gaze on hers. Her heart fluttered, her stomach filling with butterflies by the second.

Denzel pulled his hand away when Aisha cleared her throat timidly. He also cleared his throat and chuckled awkwardly as he said "I am- sorry, I know this is going to sound corny, but have we met before?"
Aisha shook her head then replied, "No, what makes you say that?" 
"No reason, it just feels as if I've known you for a long time. Though, I don't think I'd ever forget a girl like you." Denzel, noted as an afterthought.
"A girl like me?" Aisha questioned with a raised eyebrow.
"Please don't take offense," Denzel said quickly, then he clarified "I meant a girl who's been on my mind from the moment I laid eyes on her." Denzel spelled out before he could stop himself, then he chuckled and looked away as he said "And now I know I'll never see you again, because I'm sure that came off either super corny, or just plain creepy." 
Aisha found herself giggling, her heart fluttering in her chest again as she added "I didn't say that. I honestly thought it was sweet, cute even." Aisha found herself flirting, then she added in a playful tone "But seeing where you work, I can only imagine that you've seen a lot of pretty girls."
"Yes I have, but it seems that you're the only one who really caught my eye. So if my statement was sweet, does this mean you'd like to grab a drink with me?" Denzel invited, and Aisha looked away her heart dropping.