Chapter 3- "Rejected Rejection"

*Anna's pnt. Of view*

I closed my eyes, and I counted to three.

One.

Two.

Three.

Then I was off.

My feet were pumping as I continued my way towards the cliff.

If what I felt was a threat, it was best that I drew them away from the pack grounds, rather than towards it.

Reckless as my idea was, I felt bold and ready to take on whatever was stalking me.

Guess I had to thank Joey's actions for kickstarting my adrenaline.

The second I began bolting through the forest, in the corner of my eyes, I saw another form running just as fast as me.

Heck sometimes their feet barely touched the ground.

My heart skipped a beat with unwelcomed excitement, as I began to doubt whether I had bitten off more than I could chew. But once the clearing of the cliff came to view, I breathed in relief and pushed myself into it.

Crashing into the grounds above the cliff, I turned sharply and faced the forest. And instead of seeing it as friendly, I saw it as a dark tower harboring my worst enemy.

Swift movements in the treetops caught my eyes, and I found myself booming "SHOW YOURSELF!" As my eyes continued to search for my pursuer.

For a moment I saw nothing, then my heart jumped and lodged into my throat, as a tall, shirtless, dark haired, red eyed, pale skinned man fell inches before me.

He landed in a crouching position, then stood to his full height slowly, his eyes boring into mine.

He smiled and I noticed them.

His pearly white, sharp fangs.

A vampire.

Taking a step back, I placed some distance between he and I.

He observed me as I did the same.

Once we had enough of the silent glares, I lifted my chin, and leveled my eyes with his as I asked "and you are?"
"Xavier. Prince Xavier of the Eastern Clan." He introduced himself with a bow, and I nodded in acknowledgment.
"And whom do I have the pleasure of meeting today?" He asked, all formal.
"I am Anna-Marie, future Luna of the Red Moon Pack." I replied with pride and a raise of my chin.
"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He replied truthfully, as he grabbed my hand, and kissed the back, his eyes never leaving mine.
"Oh Anna, a pretty name, for a lovely woman." He pronounced, and I found myself rolling my eyes as I said "and how often have you used that line before?"
"Not as often as you would think." He shrugged with a smile, his fangs now retracted, and I also smiled, though I kept my guard up.

"So what is with the formality?" I teased as I crossed my arms, and he simply shrugged and said "Royals and their manners. As a future prince I have reputation to uphold, and respect plays a great role in that reputation."
"Fair enough, but what are you doing so far away from home?" I interrogated with a raised eyebrow, and he simply raised his hands as though he wasn't looking for trouble, then he beckoned me closer, as he whispered "I am on a quest."
"A quest?" I spoke out in a tone to let him know that I knew that he was bullshitting me. Thought his words did pique my curiosity.
"Shh! Shh!" He urged, as if he was trying to keep a big secret.
"What?" I found myself whispering, although I was sure no one could hear us.
"I am on a quest, to win the heart of the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on." He continued to explain, and intrigued I asked "oh? And who is she?"
"Well, she is the most breathtaking creature I have ever seen. In fact, I can barely feel my heart when I am near her, like... now." He added dramatically, and just as his words clicked, I rolled my eyes and laughed slapping his chest as I said "oh wow, now how long did it take you to come up with that?"
"Aww come on give me some credit. I had to think on the spot. You have to admit, I had you fooled for a moment there." He stated his arms opened, as if asking for some credit.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I huffed, as I frowned and looked back at the forest.