Chapter 25- "Just for a Minute"

*Demitrey's pnt. of View*

"Tell me again." I asked Joseph out loud, while sitting down in a chair that faced him while he sat on the bed, in the clinic room. Cilia had called me and Kade a few minutes ago saying that Joey had something to tell us. And boy did he. 
"I met with Vanessa at least twice a week for about a month before the semester was over and I had to come home for Anna's birthday. Each time I'd meet her I was always left with no memory of the night before, but when I'd ask her she'd fabricate a story which made sense to me in terms of details, especially whenever I'd think of what she said, I'd have faint flashbacks of those exact moments. There was always a small doubt lingering in my mind about whether those moments really happened or not, but I never really focused on the doubt much given everything else going on. It wasn't until now when the doctor flushed it out of my system that I remember Xavier and Vanessa. Now I realize that I was always in a weird mental state when I'm around Vanessa, and I have these memories of Xavier saying things in a weird dialect, almost like an incantation or a hypnosis of some kind. I honestly believe that I was never truly in any involvement with Vanessa, at least not physically." He explained, and I nodded then I looked over at Kade. 
"Alright, get some rest okay? Thank you Joseph, Cilia." I greeted them then I stood up, and started making my way out.
"Alpha." They both greeted me, then with a nod of my head, both Kade and I headed out of the clinic. James met us outside. 

"Hey what's going on?" James asked when he joined Kade and me, and I looked around, making sure we were alone and far from prying eyes and listening ears.
"We're going to be at war soon. I can feel it. Something extremely sadistic is going on around here. Remember a while back, we had to help Queen Melanie defend her clan against that Maynard guy?" I asked them while we stood in a close circle, and spoke as quietly as possible. 
"Yeah, Aden really dealt him a blow." Kade pointed out and I nodded. 
"Yeah well, he's coming back." I explained. When I met Xavier, all the dots clicked in place, and now Joey's explanation just solidified my initial theory. 
"Well she took the dude's eye. I'm surprised it took him this long to seek revenge." James pointed out and I smiled, "I'm not. Xavier is his protégé. He's the little boy he kidnapped when he ran away from the war." I revealed, and both Kade and James looked at me in shock. 
"How can you tell that it's the same boy?" Kade questioned, and I shrugged, "The red eyes, the narcissistic nature. You can tell that kid's character was literally handcrafted by Maynard. He means to seek revenge for his eye, and probably his brother too. Plus he had a thing for Roland's crown and Aden played a role in making sure it remained in Melanie's hands, so yeah, he's holding more than just a grudge." I concluded, my eyes looking around every once in a while to make sure that we had no eavesdroppers.

"So what does this mean?" Kade asked me, ands I sighed, "it means that sooner or later, he's going to be marching our way. Xavier was sort of like the first arrow. His attack on Joseph and bringing chaos to the pack by almost harming Anna and hurting Frank, they can all be seen as an act of war. I'm just not sure what he's waiting for, but I'm not going to sit around waiting for the bloodshed to reach the front door. With Anna's title rescinded, he's bound to make a move soon. So James get the training going. I want Jordan as your apprentice, you already know how to arrange the defense tactics and the different age ranges. Kade, I'm sending you to the Blue lake Pack. Alpha Tatum is an old ally of mine, and owes me a favor from a while back. Tell him we need his help and need him here by tonight, and after we discuss everything, he can send for his army. If I'm correct, Maynard faced us once before, he sees what we can do in small numbers, I'm sure he has a bigger army just for us." I explained and they both nodded once I finished talking, but then Kade pointed out something, which made me proud that he was my Beta, "but if this is purely werewolf against vampire, doesn't that go against the treaty we signed with Melanie's clan? It would be as if nothing has really changed."
"Well that's why it's called a treaty. I will go to the Queen and see if she is willing to lend us her army and join us in the war. That way it's not purely one species against the other, but instead an alliance forming to take out a threat to the wellbeing and peace formed in this region between vampires and werewolves." I replied, and Kade nodded. 
"Will Tatum's men play nice with Melanie's men?" James then asked, and I was also proud that he was my third in command. 
"Don't worry, I'll set up a meeting with Melanie and Tatum so they can get acquainted. I won't ask them to become best friends, but I'll advise that for the duration of the war, they put their differences aside and work together. I mean the vampires are going to give us a really big push, especially in archery. Tatum and Melanie will be fine." I reassured, hoping that in the end everything would truly work out.