Chapter 18- "The Wounded Warrior"

*Third Person's pnt of view*

Adelina looked over at the troubled man, and shook her head disappointed. She didn't want to face off with Xavier, especially now that sue knew who he was. There was a promise she made a long time ago, and Adelina planned to keep it.

Adelina began to rake her mind for a solution.

"Will it be worth it? Spilling more blood? More lives lost? Will be worth it?" Adelina asked softly, trying to appease the raging red-eyed vampire. Anything to keep him talking just to give her more time.
"Nothing tastes as sweet as revenge." Xavier declared sadistically as he grinned, his fangs extended and ready.
"Yeah and nothing is as bitter as deadly as the bite of guilt. Xavier, trust me when I tell you, you do not want to do this."
"DON'T TELL ME TO TRUST YOU!" Xavier exploded, his smile gone, the veins on his forehead and neck bulging, his voice made some of the warriors growl in caution.
"Don't you dare try to talk me out of this, you're a murderer and you deserve to suffer just as I suffered. You think you've cried before Luna? You think you've experienced pain before? No. Trust Me when I say that you haven't experienced true pain. Until you have suffered the way I did, until you've wept and wailed the way I have, you haven't felt pain. By the time this day is over, you will know what it's like to live in true pain." Xavier promised, over the pleasantries.

Adelina shook her head again, but lifted her hand in sign of surrender. She did not want to hurt Xavier. He was a mourning child, who felt the need to avenge the death of his father. But if only he knew the goodness of his mother. Adelina knew what she had to do. She looked over at Demitrey and he shook his head at her, as if already reading her mind. Both Jordan and Anna-Marie, along with the rest of the pack watched attentively.

Adelina, using her Luna tone warned the warriors "Stand Down".
"Babe what are you doing?" Demitrey mind linked Adelina, even though he already had a feeling what her response would be.
"He wants revenge. He's a wounded child. There's no point in having a full on war, I just need to get through to him. Just don't do anything hasty." Adelina explained.
"Hasty? Hasty?! Babe you're literally about to commit suicide." Demitrey snapped, unable to stop himself.
"Demitrey," Adelina called out carefully, and with a childish huff he replied "what?"
"I love you." and with that, Adelina turned to Xavier, she kept her hands up, as she approached him.

Xavier watched the Luna attentively, and when she was at arms length, he warned her with a harsh "stop. What is this?" he asked carefully.
"This is me, performing my duty as a Luna. I was the one who killed your father, and I take full responsibility. No one else needs to be caught in crossfire. I am willing to give myself up, but first you have to release Frank." Adelina declared humbly, and demanded subtly, and that shocked Xavier to the core.

Anna's mouth and throat ran dry as she realized what her mother was doing. As Anna debated what to do, Jordan began making his way towards his mother, but the Alpha stopped him before he got too close. Demitrey shook his head softly, even though he knew what Jordan wanted to do. Aisha looked over at Anna-Marie, and moved next to her, slipping her hand into Anna's hand. Joseph kept shifting his eyes between the Luna and Anna-Marie. He felt the urge to hold Anna in his arms and tell her that everything would be okay, but he knew that he was the last person Anna wanted to talk to right now, especially when her mother was literally facing the danger.

Xavier studied the Luna before him, unsure of her motives. He looked over her shoulder and realized that none of the warriors seem ready to attack, even the Alpha was standing back. Xavier shook his head, unable to believe what Adelina was trying to pull off.

"Is this a trick or something?" Xavier asked, his tone unsure, and that placed Emilio on high alert. Xavier kept pressure on Frank's wound, who in turn hissed, and Adelina sent Frank a quick look before looking back at Xavier.
"No, there is no need for anyone else to lose their lives over such a personal quarrel. If you want to hurt someone, hurt me, but let him go." Adelina said, her tone strong, even though for once, she had no idea what the outcome would be.