Chapter 13- "Morning Explanations"

*Third Person's pnt. Of view*

Anna-Marie woke up to the cool breeze that blew through the cave. It kissed her face, and caressed her toes. She scrunched her nose and opened her eyes slowly. The sweet morning fragrance entered her nostrils, and caused a smile to form on her lips. This coming just a few moments before panic settled onto her mind. Anna-Marie's eyes immediately began moving about frantically, her breath accelerating as memories of the previous night burned through her skull. Her heart thumped an echoing tune through her ears as goosebumps rose above her skin while she reminisced Xavier's hands groping her, causing her to live in a moment of pure fear and vulnerability.

Anna had never felt so violated. An angry tear ran from her eye. Followed by a betrayed tear. Xavier would be the second man she placed her trust in, and he broke it. Anna gulped, a choked hiccup causing her chest to rise and fall quickly, as more tears began to escape her eyes.

She remembered feeling helpless.

For the first time in her life, Anna was paralyzed by fear. Xavier took advantage of her naïve nature. He played her for a fool, and he violated her in a way that would change her life forever.

Anna hiccupped again.

For a moment she felt sick to the bone. That split second where Xavier had her captive had become Anna-Marie's bane. Thinking of the way he spoke to her and touched her... it made her skin crawl. Remembering Xavier's words, his hands... Anna was disgusted. The body she had come to love and appreciate had been used against her. The breasts on her chest, her hips and waist, her bottom, they all suddenly felt like a weapon ready to be used against her self conscious.

Anna didn't want to think this way, but her silent hiccups, her clogged nose, her agonizing tears, her mental distress, the disgust she felt wrapping around her spine, the unwelcomed goosebumps that dotted her skin, and the dark memories that tainted her brain... they were all slowly drowning her. Anna sat up quickly, sniffling and gasping as she tried to catch her breath.

Joseph stirred from his sleep instantly.

Anna gasped again, then the walls broke. She sobbed out her pain. The fear, the betrayal, the helplessness, the hatred, the disgust, the doubt, the self consciousness. All that she now felt towards her body, she cried out. At least she was hoping to cry it out with her tears.

"Hey, hey, Anna, calm down." Joey was at her side in seconds.
"You!" Anna accused, "YOU! GET AWAY FROM ME!" Anna screamed at the top of her lungs as she shoved Joseph away.
"Anna just stop for a minute-"
"Get away! You asshole!" Anna snapped as she pushed him again and she jumped to her feet and rushed to exit the cave.
"Anna!" Joseph yelled out as he ran after her.

Anna-Marie turned around, and sent her fist flying before she could think about it. Joseph caught it last minute, but he was not prepared for the blow to his stomach. Joseph backed away coughing, but now Anna-Marie was livid. With an infuriated scream, she attacked Joseph. She punched and kicked, he blocked and dodged. The more hits she missed the angrier Anna became. She wasn't thinking straight when her claws came out and she slashed them across Joseph's face. He hissed and grunted, his eyes flashing black as his wolf Gio growled in anger.

Seeing his reaction to pain, Anna wanted to inflict more, but Joseph wasn't having it. When Anna-Marie aimed for him with one last punch, he grabbed onto her arm, and locked it beside her. She tried to punch him in the throat, and caught that arm also, so she head butted him. Joseph stumbled backward grunting, and Anna-Marie tackled him. She straddled him and grabbed onto his collar.

"Anna-ANNA WAIT!" Joseph yelled raising his hands above his head in sign of surrender.
"Just calm down. Can we talk?" He asked, bringing his voice a bit lower.
"I don't want to talk. I hate you. Do you hear me?" Anna declared, causing hurt and defeat to flash into Joseph's eyes.
"I hate you." Anna seethed through her teeth. Then she slapped his chest.
"I hate you." She slapped his chest again.
"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." She continued to declare as she slapped him over and over until her shoulders sagged and she suddenly felt tired.