20•

September 22nd, 1558—
Catalina

××××

Days have passed and I've locked myself in my chambers not accepting any visitors.

Finding out the truth broke my heart, I feel like someone pushed me off a cliff and it's a never-ending way down, I have only my child and Nicolas to worry about, I could care less for France.

King Henry still believes that the unborn babe is his, foolish king he is indeed–

Francis has tried to visit me multiple times but I didn't even want to hear the excuses he would present, he did a terrible thing and now he has to deal with the aftermath of his idiotic behavior.

I lay in bed starring out the window, tears still in my eyes, my hair looking like a big nest, but all I can think of is the life that my children will live...

I never thought that I would be in this situation, nobody does.

I finally sit up in bed and I look over to my vanity mirror only to see dark circles around my eyes and my hair in a fuss, I yawn softly and I soon hear a gentle knock on the door.
“Princess you have to eat something, ” I hear Victoria's kind voice at the door, she has been coming every day begging me to eat something but it seems that I can not hold any foods down.

I hesitantly stand up from my mattress in pain, I've gained bee sores from not even moving for days.

I slowly walk over to the wooden door and I open the door slowly peeking my head out.

“Oh, this is simply marvelous! You are alive–” Victoria says sounding as if she could burst into a pond of tears,
“You look so unwell your grace, ” Victoria says pushing the door wider bringing two other servants in with her.

“I do not want to see or speak with anyone Lady Victoria, please leave me be..” I say brushing my loose hairs behind my ear.

Victoria orders the servants around, first, she makes them open the blinds to add light to this dark room, next she sets up a lavish breakfast for me on a small table.

“The entire court won't stop gossiping about the prince's affair, ” Victoria tells me as she and the two other servants began to strip my bed furs.

I stand looking out the window with my arms crossed, “H-how is Nicolas?” I mumble.

I hope he isn't letting the court fill his head with evil things, that boy has already gone through fire, he deserves a happy childhood.

“Did they not inform you?” Victoria stops what she is doing and looks at me sadly, my head snaps over to her.

“What?” I move closer to Victoria and I gesture for the two ladies to leave the room, “Well Queen Catherine sent Nicolas away to a small convent down west.” Victoria smiles.

She did what!

“oh no, no, no! She wouldn't!” my voice began to rise, “I want my child back!” I shout angrily, “But I do not think it would be a good thing for her grace if she was to go against the Queen, ” Victoria worryingly says.

My head turns to Victoria slowly,  the suffering in my eyes is visible for the world to see clearly, “I am the queen of Spain! I could care less about what would happen to me if I go against the foolish queen of France, ” I say in hatred.

“But Princess–” I cut Victoria off by leaving the room before my anger rises.

××××

My fear and anger through the roof I march over to Catherine's chambers, bursting in the door with hatred filling my mind I find Catherine sipping tea with her ladies.

“WHY!” I yell turning all the attention to me.

“Catalina! You have left your chambers!” Catherine joyfully says.

I walk closer to Catherine and I huff raising my hand to strike her.

Holding her cheek Catherine shrieks, “Did you–”

“You had no right to send that child away! ” I shout, “You are a bitter woman Catherine! But do not involve my family in your mess!” I say angrily.

“That filthy boy is not your family! You just picked him up on the trailside!” Catherine exclaims loudly,

“Nicolas is more family to me than you or Francis will ever be! He is my child whether you like it or not! I am raising him to grow up and be a kind and loving man!” I yell at her before I storm out of her bed-chambers.

××××

A/N

This is so short—
768 words 😢

It's okay tho because this is a marking point:)

_