10•

Catalina

I sit in my chambers reading a letter written by Francis. I and Francis have been sending one another letters so the time could pass faster, and it truly is not working.

I have been in Spain for weeks now, missing the French court, I never thought I would say that but being in Spain brings back dreadful memories that I'd rather not think about.
But I won't put the whole affair down, good has come about. After all, I now care for a young boy and I've gotten the chance to know him more and more every day.

"Catalina" I snap out of thought seeing that Nicholas has come to see me, I place my book down, "Hello Nic." I gesture for Nicholas to sit beside me. "How may I help?" I ask smiling, "Well I finished my lessons- well I almost finished, the queen came in and kicked my tutor out and told me to leave." Nicholas said fiddling with his fingers looking down.

I hate it here, my mother and brother have treated me as if I am not the heir to the throne, they even talk bad about Nicolas, and I am over it! I see Nicolas as a family or at least someone a deeply care for and I will not see him hurt, he has already lost his mother and father.

"Nicolas get my servant Catherine and tell her to pack my things, we are leaving for France today." I stand up and quickly gather things to write a letter to Francis, "But Lina, we were supposed to leave next week!"
I turn my head to him.

"My mother has treated you as if you mean nothing to me and I will not have it no longer! So please go get Catherine!" I say slamming my hand on the table next to me.
Nicholas rushes out to find Catherine and I quickly start to write.

"Dear Francis, I do not know if this will arrive before I do but I want to tell you that I will be arriving back soon, I did not tell you in my other letters but I have taken in a young boy, he will return to court with me and no matter what you say he will not be leaving.
I do hope you understand why I had to, his parents were killed and we were and he was sleeping behind a tree cold, I had to do something! I hope this does get to you and you understand.

From Catalina, "

I stamp the letter and fold it up, "Guard!" I yell out and two men come rushing in,  I stand up handing one of the guards my letter, "Make sure this is sent to France and given to the Dauphin Francis." I say holding my head up high.

The guards nod and run off to make sure it is delivered, My mother, Catherine my servant, and Nicholas come rushing in, my mother with a frustrated look on her face. "CATALINA!" She yells and I jump scared of her shouts, "Your grace." I bow quickly to my mother.

"You are not leaving!" She shouts at me and I huff holding my head high not showing that I am completely terrified of her.

"I am, Catherine please pack my items quick, I cannot stand being in this poisonous court."
I say staring at my mother, "If you leave you are not welcome back!"

I scoff, "Oh mother." I walk closer to her and she takes a few steps back hitting the wall, "When king Henry dies and I wed, I will be the queen of France and Spain." I say smirking, "I will be more powerful and beloved and I promise! Your name will be forgotten!" My mother jumps at my words.

"Like I said, Catherine pack up my things, Now." Catherine begins to pack up my things frightened, "You are making a mistake Lina-"

"Mother only people who I care for can call me that." I turn my head to Nicholas and grin.
"Mother I am tired of fighting for a throne that my father certainly left to me." I turn to her seeing her face shocked.

"But I am letting you rule the country till I married because I am smart, " I grit through my teeth, "But as I am smart I come from a long line of brave monarchs, going from joanna of Castile to my father Thomas."

I turn around to see that Catherine has finished packing my things, "Wonderful, I sure hope we can set sail today." I grin and clap my hands together.

"Guards!" The guards come in confused, "Help carry my things to the boarding dock." I point to my chests, the men grab ahold of them, and I turn to Nicholas and put out my hand, "Nicholas are you ready?" He grins and grabs my hand.

"I'm ready Lina!" I smile and we walk away but I stop and smile, "Oh, and mother?" I turn my head to look at her, "No need to come to my wedding." I continue to walk smirking.

The world has only seen princess Catalina but it's time for them to see queen Catalina, it's time for people to start respecting the heir to the throne.

xxxx
I'm in love with this chapter!
So I was gonna do a part 2 to the last chapter but I wanted to show Catalina FINALLY sticking up to her annoying mother.
So comment and vote and please share your opinions!