9•

María

I LAY staring at the walls as king Henry gets dressed

"Why do you have to leave so soon?"
I whine, "well my love, I am king, and I can't stay in bed with you-" he walks over to me and sets a kiss on my forehead "even how much I want to"

"Well at least let me tell some of my ladies about this all!"
I sit up, "Be patient!"

"Fine, but you are going to make it up to me by supplying me with new gowns!" Henry frowns at me

"I just gifted you 10 gowns!" I stand up and walk over to Henry, "I met a man in Spain, he's a lord who is willing to provide me with anything I want" Henry chuckles as he lifts me, and I yelp, "well can he provide you with a whole kingdom?" My eyes widen "What..."

He slowly lowers me making my feet touch the cold floors of Henry's chambers.

"I can't make you queen, but I can make you my official mistress"
I slap Henry in the arm, "well that's not very secretive!" He runs his hands through my hair.

"I was going to wait, but I can't bear to see you with another" I pull away from Henry's grasp, "Henry, what would Catherine think! Or Catalina!"

"Catherine doesn't care! She might try to poison you but that's all" he shrugs his shoulders, "Henry! What if I am to have a child!" At this point, I'm pacing around his chambers.

"Well, the child would be raised here at court!" I look up at Henry, "Fine"

××××

"Have you heard?"

"What?"

"The king has taken another mistress"

All the rumors have gotten out of hand! Some people even say that the king has taken a man! But tonight Henry finally tells the whole court!

In worried about what everyone will think especially Catherine...

I truly do care for Henry but I also would like to keep my head attached to my body.

"Lady María!" As I am walking around the castle I hear my name be called out and turn only to see the kings bastard child Sebastian.

"Sebastian, shouldn't you be cleaning the stables or something?" Suddenly he starts walking closer to me until I we are only inches apart, "I saw you leaving my Fathers chambers" he whispers in my ear.

I shove him away from me, "how!"
"Well if you must know María, I was just coming to ask something of my father, and I see you wear oh so little, rushing out of my Fathers room!"

"So? Why haven't you told anyone?"
He shrugs his shoulders, "I would like to know why queen Mary left so soon?"

Suddenly my body stiffens up in my face turns pale and feel the wind come across my arms.

××××
Cliffhanger haha :)
Word count: 514

Didn't see María and henry's, secret love coming did ya?

I pre-wrote a bunch of chapters and I'm so proud of myself!
I usually write one chapter then go to sleep, so that's a big step for me!